TSA Draws Ire of Congress over "Pilot Insecurity" Rule

PurduePilot

TSA Draws Ire of Congress over \"Pilot Insecurity\" Rule

Follow this link to the AOPA website. Seems like quite a few upper level lawmakers were not informed of the TSA's self-imposed ability to revoke a pilot's license without due process.

This pissed off Don Young something good. Seems like Congress is going to change the rule.

Anyhow, here's the link Congress upset over TSA's "pilot insecurity" rule

Re: TSA Draws Ire of Congress over \"Pilot Insecurity\" Rule

They knew about it, but I'm afraid they probably got caught.

My next question would be, why would the people with the power to stop the passage of the legislation ever sign it and then proclaim, "Oh, I didn't know it said THAT! we'd better correct that!"

I wonder what else they overlooked!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
They knew about it, but I'm afraid they probably got caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of these government agencies have automony to make laws without consulting Congress. They're required to print in the Federal Register. If they really want something passed the agency will give the new law a rather beign name and give it an insanely short comment period, then make it official. All this takes place without the knowledge or consent from anyone in Congress.

EXCUSE ME PEOPLE!!!

But where are all of you Supporters of the Patriot act now?

Come on This law was passed under the Dubbs watch!!!
Surly you support him!! right?

Now it is your civil rights that are at issue.

Chunk? [ QUOTE ]
.....they fight with anti-Bush slogans, cutesy bumper-sticker philosophy and unsupportable emotional arguements.

[/ QUOTE ]
Vipermcg?
Cleared ILS 9L?
CMARTIN?

Shoe.. hello, Meet other foot.

[ QUOTE ]
You are SOOOOOoooo right Eagle! That's the last straw I'm throwing away my Republican Registration Card!

[/ QUOTE ]

aww, come on simple Simon... It passed nearly unanimously. Bipartisan.. It isn't the dubb's law I doubt the guy even read it. (too many big words) it is the acceptance of the erosion of our civil rights I am talking about.

I posted this before. and hey it isn't a problem. right? well well well.... now we are under the microscope...

The Patriot act

* It breaks the political backs of the judiciary and legislative branches of government.
* It allows random arrests and detention without hearings or trials for anyone or any group designated by the President. Retroactive Prosecution, too!
* It allows the concealment of Presidential records.
* It permits secret "Military Tribunals" for presidentially-designated "terrorists".
* It legalizes "sneak-n-peek" searches and seizures.
* It allows the unlawful infiltration and surveillance of legal, domestic religious, labor and political organizations.
* It allows the wholesale surveillance of private citizens, private business records and other materials without proof of probable cause.
* It destroys all e-mail and internet privacy...

but boy oh boy, I love the search feature, I have not used it before. check out this posting.. Who is losing civil liberties? umm we all are....

Thats a direct violation of our 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th amendments to name a few

If you want to know the truth about how our government is setup, and how it interpets laws then go through some older supreme court cases and see how they ruled on things years ago. Did you know that you could be thrown in jail because you proposed violent overthrow of the government during WWI? Nuts now, right? Not as nuts then. Laws like these have happened before, and they too shall pass with time.

Don't get the idea that I agree with the TSA's stance or the patriot act, because I don't. I'm just trying to point out that this will be taken care of just like it has in the past.

The supreme court REALLY hates government stepping on civil rights and civil liberties. They'll fix things once someone brings a case against the government.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[ QUOTE ]
The supreme court REALLY hates government stepping on civil rights and civil liberties. They'll fix things once someone brings a case against the government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very very true. (i hope_)

Now if they can just get the TSA to get its head out of its butt and let those of us around the DC area fly, we'd be all set.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, until Bubba Dubya gets a few of his nominees on the Supremes. After that, all bets are off.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If memory serves, I believe that you were on record as supporting the Patriot Act, Eagle.

Yeah, I support Dubya, but I don't claim to agree with him 100%. The Patriot Act goes too far in some areas. This is one.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If memory serves, I believe that you were on record as supporting the Patriot Act, Eagle.

[/ QUOTE ]

N E V E R ! ! ! you are so wrong.

I think the primary problem is that DC's pulling the 'terrorism card' way too often.

For example, someone will sponser a bill that is supposedly going to 'help fight the war on terror' but the bill is so heavily laden with pork barrel projects and other unseemly items, but if you vote against the bill, you're seen as some pansy or unwilling to accept the 'changed world' we live in as Americans.

So bogus sh*t gets fast tracked because we're a nation that only reads the title of the legislation, but rarely it's contents and wants to feel good by voting for a particular sentence like 'anti terrorism' or 'patriot'.

I dunno. I may be from Fresno, but 'sun dried plums' are still prunes where I come from.

[ QUOTE ]
N E V E R ! ! ! you are so wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misread (or misremembered your post). I'll try to do a search when I have time.

Knowing what I know about the Eag', I can pretty much vouch for him that he, by no means, would be a proponent of the Patriot Act.

Back