Truth about the Profession

The only thing I saw wrong with it is where he hints that the most anyone can ever hope to get to is 200k a year. I know of people at some airlines getting well past that, but like he says, so few will ever get there its a mute point anyway.

Good stuff for someone who is just starting to wonder about trying for the airlines.

And the chance that your company will be around to get that pay is also pretty small.

The only thing I saw wrong with it is where he hints that the most anyone can ever hope to get to is 200k a year. I know of people at some airlines getting well past that, but like he says, so few will ever get there its a mute point anyway.

Good stuff for someone who is just starting to wonder about trying for the airlines.

Well thank goodness it isn't a moot point!

:bandit:

Well thank goodness it isn't a moot point!

:bandit:

Reminds me of that Friends episode where Joey says, "It's a Moo point...."

Rachel - "I'm sorry Joey, a moo point?"

Joey - "Yeah, it's like a cows opinion, it doesn't matter....it's moo!" :D

Really? Now I feel like a sucker....I always thought it was coined in the late nineties. Anyone have any examples of the looming pilot shortage from the 60's-70's-80's?

United hired people right off the street back in the 60's. Not arguing pilot shortage or not, just comparing hype. I'm pretty sure they had the same stuff going on back then.

United hired people right off the street back in the 60's. Not arguing pilot shortage or not, just comparing hype. I'm pretty sure they had the same stuff going on back then.

Actually, back in the 60's some airlines would hire people with a commercial/instrument then get them their multi.

I used to work with an FAA inspector that did that. He had a wet commercial/instrument and had a job.

His first airplane at the airline? DC3. Retired as a DC-9 check airman. Never had an incident or accident.

The airline was a small "commuter" style that wound up through several mergers as a major.

There is nothing new. YOU just probably haven't seen it or heard about it before.

Back