Trip to the Big Apple

[ QUOTE ]
Especially the part where the next day passengers would ask, "So how was your Xmas, co pilot?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you tell them the truth, or just smile and nod?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you tell them the truth, or just smile and nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

That or I just told him that we did Xmas on the 15th of the month, but usually I nod 'n smile.

December is ALWAYS hard for airline people because everyone's having holiday parties on days you're working, you're taking thousands of people to see their families and unless you're flying with a really good crew over the holidays, things can get testy because everything is closed, nothing is on television and it's usually freezing outside.

If you've got a long layover, you can't rent a car (closed), see a movie (closed), go out for a nice dinner (closed), hit a bar (closed) watch TV (nothing's on!), nothing at all!

I get my December schedule on the 15th so I'll see where I'll be spending Xmas this year!

[ QUOTE ]
I get my December schedule on the 15th so I'll see where I'll be spending Xmas this year!

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Kristie have a schedule that will allow her to fly out to be with you wherever you are?

Christmas like that explains why you get paid the big bucks..haha..Anyone who has to suffer a gas station hotdog deserves more money for the heartburn and Dr's visit

[ QUOTE ]
Christmas in Monroe, LA. The hotel restaraunt was closed because the workers were having a holiday party at a different hotel, downtown was completely dead. The captain and I ended up having a couple of hot dogs from a local gas station and watching some old Lawrence Welk rerun.

[/ QUOTE ] Thats funny Doug, I especialy like "The hotel restaraunt was closed because the workers were having a holiday party at a different hotel". Monroe isnt much of a place though, I've been there quite a few times and theres just nothing there...Sort of like Lafayette.

Back