Trip to Oshkosh

galvestonaggie

Well guys my buddie, XJT FO, and I are planning to take the Aero Commander up to Oshkosh for its inaugural cross country and were looking for a place to crash in North Illinois next Wed. the 29th. Were planning to depart KDWH (Hooks airport in N. Houston) that morning and then push on to Shreveport, Little Rock, St. Louis and then somewhere in North Illinois that's close enough for us to be wheels up by 08:00 and into KOSH by 12:00- 13:00. Also this thing is pig on gas, 9gph LOP!!, so if any of you guys know of some bargains on 100LL in route please let my wallet know- I have already budgeted 1k for fuel! Anyways, Beer dinner and of course a few turns around the patch is included in the deal so let me know!

:beer:

Surely there has to be someone with a drafty hanger out there who would be willing to take in a wayward JC'er...... I will even through in a case of beer!

[modhat]How about we keep the discussion on the topic of OSH or it's going to get moved to the lav.[/modhat]

[modhat]How about we keep the discussion on the topic of OSH or it's going to get moved to the lav.[/modhat]

Fair enough....now back to the orginal question; I need a place to park my slab out back on the 29th! Also if anyone else going to OSH let me know and we can have a little JC meet and greet.

:beer:

Stark County normally has great deals on gas. The last few times I flew myself to the show, I camped in the North 40. On trips where I had to spend an overnight getting home, I just pitched the tent at whatever local county airport I ended up for the evening. Some of them even have showers!

Back