Tricked the FAA...

the_dmn8tr

Today I successfully managed to trick UND and the FAA into giving me a CSEL/CMEL-IA!!!!:nana2::nana2::nana2:

Now if I can get my Cape Air FO internship sorted out, it will be a good week!

Congratulations!

Welcome to the world of flying for money! (or soon hopefully, you know, economy and all....)

Today I successfully managed to trick UND and the FAA into giving me a CSEL/CMEL-IA!!!!:nana2::nana2::nana2:

Now if I can get my Cape Air FO internship sorted out, it will be a good week!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that was my MOST stressful checkride. No reason, but I was flippin out man.

BTW, I wouldn't be announcing this on a public forum if I was you... the FAA might correct their mistake :D

you don't meet the requirements for the IR after 222, thats why

You are correct. I do wish there was some sort of instrument lesson in 323 though, just to refresh instruments before getting in the SEMI, I know a lot of people that are having trouble with their IFR stuff because they spent a year in between instrument work.

You are correct. I do wish there was some sort of instrument lesson in 323 though, just to refresh instruments before getting in the SEMI, I know a lot of people that are having trouble with their IFR stuff because they spent a year in between instrument work.
that requires study on your own time, but since everyone just wants it given to them they won't put in the work required.

for me, when i was getting back in to IFR stuff for 325 it had been over a year, like 16 months or so. how did i get back into it? i bought the Instrument Procedures Handbook and read it cover to cover, then i read the AIM, and the IFH. and guess what? i got thru 325 at .4 hours over the required times and that includes the stage check.

i am not saying you act like everyone else seems to, so don't take it that way :) just stating my case as an example, no one seems to want to take responsibilty for their actions.

now we could give out the IFR certs after 222 like CKN does, but it does required building additional XC time, we can't based on the TCO, but it could be theoretically possible.

anyway, enough ranting, congrats again, enjoy your new cert and good luck with the Cape Air thing!

that requires study on your own time, but since everyone just wants it given to them they won't put in the work required.

for me, when i was getting back in to IFR stuff for 325 it had been over a year, like 16 months or so. how did i get back into it? i bought the Instrument Procedures Handbook and read it cover to cover, then i read the AIM, and the IFH. and guess what? i got thru 325 at .4 hours over the required times and that includes the stage check.

i am not saying you act like everyone else seems to, so don't take it that way :) just stating my case as an example, no one seems to want to take responsibilty for their actions.

now we could give out the IFR certs after 222 like CKN does, but it does required building additional XC time, we can't based on the TCO, but it could be theoretically possible.

anyway, enough ranting, congrats again, enjoy your new cert and good luck with the Cape Air thing!
Sorry man, but I disagree with you on this one. Reading a textbook from cover to cover will not get you proficient at hand-flying approaches. I'm glad, in your case, you only needed the minimums for the course. However, reading a book from cover to cover keeps you proficient at reading, not hand flying.

Back