TRAPPED!

EDUC8-or

When I chose where to live, I wanted to be close to the airport. I'm even closer to the Daytona Motor Speedway. My street has turned into a parking lot this afternoon due to the Twin 125's race. The airport will be closed during the race on Sunday and they've even turned runway 16/34 into a giant parking lot for aircraft. Pretty crazy. Some of the FBO's stopped taking reservations because they were overbooked.

I was all set to go shopping for my wife's Valentine's present and I walked to the mall. Unfortunately I don't own any racin' attire or camoflage so I'm going to wait until later so I don't stick out like a sore thumb.

You'll get no complaints from me. I came home from work (got to leave early because of the traffic) and opened up the windows. It's 68 and sunny here in (finally) sunny FL! What's it like in your neck of the woods?

16(C), broken at 2,700 and 5,500 and raining with thunderstorms moving in from the Southeast - here in always sunny PHX!
shocked.gif

This is one of our ten non-sunshinging days, so we'll survive ... somehow!

grin.gif

Current conditions in Kalamazoo:

24 deg. (pretty warm if you ask me) and partly sunny. It'd be a great day to go flying if the clouds were not floating death blobs below 32 deg. Winds are out of the Northwest at 14 with gusts to 25 which puts the wind chill at 12. We've been pretty lucky this winter so far in that it's been pretty sunny out. Screw things being warm, I just like to know that the sun still exists. Some winters it seems like there is a constant overcast that lasts for 2-3 months.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Oh man, the rain is KILLING me!

I've been in low energy mode all afternoon. Ack!

My cul de sac is starting to look like Oak Creek Canyon.

It took me almost an hour today to get from the Riddle parking lot after class to my apartment which is behind the mall. One of my classes was cancelled tomorrow due to traffic.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh man, the rain is KILLING me!

I've been in low energy mode all afternoon. Ack!

My cul de sac is starting to look like Oak Creek Canyon.

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad said the Aqua Fria river actually had some aqua in it today for the first time in 2 years he's lived there.

[ QUOTE ]
It took me almost an hour today to get from the Riddle parking lot after class to my apartment which is behind the mall. One of my classes was cancelled tomorrow due to traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live behind the mall too. I wish I could cancel school tomorrow! I don't think the school board would like it if I did that.

[ QUOTE ]
My dad said the Aqua Fria river actually had some aqua in it today for the first time in 2 years he's lived there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait! We have rivers out here?
grin.gif

Ooooo Poor Iain. This weekend I'm gonna get 2 days of heavy snow with high temps in the 20's! You Socal boy's dont know how good you have it!

I have always wondered what people thought of when they watched the Rose Parade, with the mountains in the back ground, the sun shining, people in T-shirts while they look out the window at the cold wet weather!!

When I was down there it took me forever to get to the airport during the Pepsi 400 last summer. My apartment was in Port Orange and it took nearly an hour and a half to get to the airport. Clyde Morris was like one big hillbilly reunion and International was even worse. I can't even imagine what the D 500 is like. Ugh.....

I thought Lafayette was bad when Purdue plays Notre Dame at home.

Both the airport and the roads look like a parking lot. The controllers who can't handle 13 Purdue planes in the pattern during regular days nearly breakdown when they have handle a couple G-Vs, Citations, and King Airs in addition to Purdue's fleet and the regular airline service.

[ QUOTE ]
Ooooo Poor Iain. This weekend I'm gonna get 2 days of heavy snow with high temps in the 20's! You Socal boy's dont know how good you have it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who told you it was gonna be in the 20s........I heard single digits. I gonna really turn <font color="blue"> jetBlue </font> if I have to work in that crap this weekend!

Back