Transcon Honda jet

It'll never happen single pilot, there aren't enough Jerry's with enough money dumb enough to make it feasible. I could absolutely see it with 2 crew. Honda is smart, but this idea is dumb.

Only one pilot required....
Will that be the first corporate jet with a factory installed relief tube?

1634503046159.png

Maybe they should focus on making a jet that someone (who isn’t any of their suppliers) wants to buy before doing that other thing.

Maybe they should focus on making a jet that someone (who isn’t any of their suppliers) wants to buy before doing that other thing.

once saw an aircraft depart MMU and climb straight into the bravo before manuevering around at 4,000 while squawking 1200. After 20 min they called up for ff back to MMU. It was a HondaJet sales demo.

I’ve had quite a few Honda’s and Acura’s over the years, including a 2020 Odyssey and a 2020 Ridgeline currently on lease.

Honda makes solid but largely conservative products. That conservative nature along with the engine and other delays likely cost a lot of Hondajet sales.

I still don’t understand how a Honda can shake windows a mile away with only 90hp
You need to weld a coffee can on your exhaust pipe. I guess that makes you look cool.

I was on the freeway late at night when three Honda got on. The cars were making a lot of noise, rpm going higher, backfiring when they let off. Despite all the noise and lane changing I realized their speed wasn't changing they were still doing 70/75mph.

I’ve had quite a few Honda’s and Acura’s over the years, including a 2020 Odyssey and a 2020 Ridgeline currently on lease.

Honda makes solid but largely conservative products. That conservative nature along with the engine and other delays likely cost a lot of Hondajet sales.
Talked my wife into getting an Accord 10 years ago with all the options. What a POS. Lot of road noise, it rattled and needed front brakes every 18 months. My Chevy Tahoe went 180k on a set of brakes. 290k on the Transmission. I sold it a 310k miles, it looked and drove like new. I'd never buy a Honda again.

Talked my wife into getting an Accord 10 years ago with all the options. What a POS. Lot of road noise, it rattled and needed front brakes every 18 months. My Chevy Tahoe went 180k on a set of brakes. 290k on the Transmission. I sold it a 310k miles, it looked and drove like new. I'd never buy a Honda again.

Eh, and I hate GM products because all my experiences with them are crap. To each their own. But every Honda we’ve ever had has developed brake rotor issues. Western PA city driving is tough on brakes but every one of them has needed rotors cut or replaced early on. I never said they were perfect, but some of my better cars have come from Honda.

I got curious about VLJ production numbers.

Phenom 100 (2007-present)387
Mustang (2006-2017)482
Eclipse 500 (2005-2008)304
HondaJet (2010-present)218
Cirrus Vision SF50 (2014-present)190

(I didn't count the Citation M2 because, damn Cessna, you flog that model 525 worse than a GM A-body)

:p
*VTEC. VTECH made obnoxious toys without volume controls or off switches my kids loved. I guess there’s another Honda joke in there too ;)

Oooooooh, guess I got told! :D :p

Honda's are great cars, but boring. First they discontinued the Prelude, then the S2000, my last straw was the Accord V6 Coupe. Now the current iteration of the Accord comes in a weak ass CVT. Their saving grace however is the Civic, and I'm glad it still comes in a 6 sp manual. I didn't stutter @mikecweb

Back