training in different states.

highflying

I have a student that is a friend that I am training for his instrument rating. He lives in a different state and we have been flying back and forth from state to state (commerical flying) so that we can work around his work schedule. My question is, do you think that any examiners will have any problems with us doing half his training in one state and half in the other?

You shouldn't have any problem at all, really. If it's even a factor at all, it would be a good thing. He'll have had the advantage of [maybe drastically] different ARTCCs, terrain, weather conditions and a varied plethora of other things.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a student that is a friend that I am training for his instrument rating. He lives in a different state and we have been flying back and forth from state to state (commerical flying) so that we can work around his work schedule. My question is, do you think that any examiners will have any problems with us doing half his training in one state and half in the other?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't undersatnd why you think there would be a problem. The FAA is a national governmental body, not a state entity.

Why would they? If he flies to the PTS standards and passes the oral, he gets his ticket, whether he flew in one state or all 50!

Back