Track the Care Packs to Iraq!

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Track the Care Packages!

They all will not show up, but todays shipment was 17 BOXES, each averaging between 42 and 49 pounds of goodies for MikeD and the good guys.

But the ones that do show up on the report will give you a good indication of whether or not they've arrived to our eagerly awaiting soldiers.

Bookmarked!

smile.gif

And we've still got another shipment to make tomorrow too. Whew!

About 718 pounds today alone.

What ended up happening with the shipment situation?

I hope to god you guys didn't have to pay full price for 718 pounds!!

It worked out to $22/box after the special deal with DHL/Airborne so it was about $370 total.

If I didn't have the special rate, it'd have been about $2,390.

And Davis-Monthan told me that the deadline for using military mail was last November, and even then it'd take 8 to 10 weeks after reaching the APO (Army Post Office?) to make it to Iraq. And I'd still be responsible for using USPS to get it from PHX to the east coast, which would have cost me way more than Airborne.

Lots and lots of email, phone calls and selling the project.

Those guys are awesome awesome awesome.

Man, I'm still practically dumbfounded over how friendly, helpful and understanding those guys are.

If I was a tatoo kind of guy, I'd have a DHL/Airborne tatoo after experiencing how fantastic those guys are. man o man.

I can't wait to see the guys (and gal) with all this stuff!

Hopefully they will send a digital photo or two for the site. This is seriously the coolest thing I've seen at jetcareers.

Thanks Kristie for all those photos on the other thread - that probably took a lot of extra time, but it gave me the biggest grin!

/lovefest - can't help it
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I'm still practically dumbfounded over how friendly, helpful and understanding those guys are.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I spent the night over at ABX a couple of weeks ago it was quite obvious by just looking at the Flight Ops department that it was a class act comapny. Just great people all around. Can't say enough about them.

However, the fact that they are letting this private pilot hop in their 767 sim for a couple of hours next week might make me a little biased.
grin.gif

So here is what myself and Everett have been wondering. Is this a total surprise for MikeD and the guys. Or do they know that the packages are coming....

Hopefully it's a surprise.. there always best.

Matthew

Superior Valkyrie Ace

[ QUOTE ]
When I spent the night over at ABX a couple of weeks ago it was quite obvious by just looking at the Flight Ops department that it was a class act comapny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is ABX? Not an airport code...

Im glad someone came through with a shipping deal. Although I wouldnt have been surprised, I wouldve been worried if no one wouldve helped you get that stuff over there. I hope the guys are able to enjoy their gifts!

Hey, Doug, you want any publicity about this thing? It may encourage others to do the same and it may be a counter to all the "overpaid pilots" BS that we see all the time in the press.

If you're up for it, I can talk to some people.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, Doug, you want any publicity about this thing? It may encourage others to do the same and it may be a counter to all the "overpaid pilots" BS that we see all the time in the press.

If you're up for it, I can talk to some people.

[/ QUOTE ]
One person in our community did exactly what Doug did, but with some Publicity. This guy started "Operation Baseball". He called up our local news and from there it went right up the food chain to CNN.

Publicity would be good!

People think general aviation pilots are noisy bad neighbors and airline pilots are overpaid bufoons, so any positive light helps us all.

Back