Track any flight?

I just went to the "Track any flight" site that is in the "Cool Stuff" on the J.C. front page, and I got linked to Cheap Tickets.......Does anyone know how to track a flight based on flight number? When I was a mechanic I would call Maintenance Control and tell them our Sqawk code if I was flying somewhere on a charter to fix one of our birds.

[ QUOTE ]
I just went to the "Track any flight" site that is in the "Cool Stuff" on the J.C. front page, and I got linked to Cheap Tickets.......Does anyone know how to track a flight based on flight number? When I was a mechanic I would call Maintenance Control and tell them our Sqawk code if I was flying somewhere on a charter to fix one of our birds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Flight Tracker used to be out at Trip.com, which I guess was purchased by Cheaptickets.com.

Anyway, under travel resources, you can find the flight tracker.

It works pretty well. We used it for work.

I was kind of hoping for a display of the U.S. ATC system, I've seen that display on a tour somewhere, and I know it's got to be floating around in cyberspace somewhere.

You can purchase software on the internet like AirNav and Flight Explorer but have to put out $$$. They do have demos but they don't have all the goodies .
frown.gif
Cheaptickets has the best free flight tracker on the net that I have found. All the other ones give you a still image that you have to refresh to get new info.

fltplan.com does it as well, but it cost 10$ a month,
Mrs E tracks me IFR and VFR ( flight following) for work trips.

That way she knows when to have the hot tub open and a cold beer ready for me.

[ QUOTE ]
That way she knows when to have the hot tub open and a cold beer ready for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or enough time to kick that Marine out of the house!
grin.gif

(sorry, old Navy joke)

Back