Tour De Cure

Xcaliber

El Chupacabra
As I am not being very successful at finding the forum rules again, I'm going to claim ignorance about whether this is allowed or not. If not, please feel free to delete.

With that said, I'm hoping I can count on you fitness oriented pilots to help out another group of fitness oriented pilots! Several pilots from around the industry, many of them friends of mine, will be riding in the American Diabete's Association's Tour De Cure this July 26 in Portland, OR. Our team, Paige's Pilots, has been doing this ride for the last three years. The team's creator, a Delta pilot, has a young daughter (Paige, if you didn't make the connection) who was diagnosed in 2011 with type 1 diabetes. Ever since then, he has been riding for the cause of finally bringing an end to this disease.

This will be my first year with the team and my first century ride. I am obviously riding to hang out with a great group of pilots, but also because my sister was diagnosed in 1994 with type 1 diabetes. It is a horrible disease with huge physical, financial, and emotional burdens for those families affected by it.

I am asking that anyone who would like to help, please donate to a member of our team as we try to reach our goal of $15,000. My own personal page is here. The entire race is attempting to raise half a million to help find a cure. If you live in the Portland area, please come out on the 26th with your cow bells and cheer us on!

Back