Touch and Go on a road.

A Piper Cub probably is cheaper than a sports car. :D

More fun too, in my book at least. :laff:

Coincidentally, I am doing the last hour of Cub time before I can get the FBO's 10 hour minimum for solo flight done, and get my tailwheel endorsement tomarrow morning.

I promise I wont do anything like this though. :p

Looks like a typical day at work for me.... although the road is paved vs. gravel..... and he didn't get out to take a leak..... hmmmmm..... must be the daredevil sort.... no real reason for that manuever.:nana2:

Looks like a typical day at work for me.... although the road is paved vs. gravel..... and he didn't get out to take a leak..... hmmmmm..... must be the daredevil sort.... no real reason for that manuever.:nana2:

He's just looking for publicity. He'll make newspaper headlines soon enough. I'm sure he'll become known by some folks at a little outfit called the NTSB.

He's just looking for publicity. He'll make newspaper headlines soon enough. I'm sure he'll become known by some folks at a little outfit called the NTSB.

Not really, the dare devils rarely get killed. It's the good ones that normally end up dead. If he had driven the road prior to doing this and was sure there were no powerlines, it really would not be that dangerous. Did he even break any FARs?

Alex.

I don't think so, but probably some highway laws!

I've landed on a private road (with permission). It's not that big a deal.

Every time I think about emergency landing spots I wonder what it would be like to land on a road...

It happens often up here in Alaska. There was one guy back home who lands on the highway and taxis up to his house.:)

Back