Total FAA compensation at oklahoma?

nofear

Hello,
I read the per diem announcement and just want to make sure I am understanding it correctly? Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated. The announcement first mentioned 79.20/ day. Then it talked about a maximum 49$/day for housing reimbursement and 30$ for meals etc. So do those two totaled 79$ comprise our total compensation? Basically train for free with expenses covered but absolutely no salary? or is the 79.20 in addition to housing compensation basically 80 times 5 day workweek or a 400 dollar a week salary? or 1600/ month salary. I read it several times but am still confused. Thanks for your help.

The per diem for the FAA academy is 79.20 per day as long as you are you at not living with friends and/or family, if you do, you lose the 30.20 per day meal allowance, bringing your total per diem to 49. If I read my FOL right.

The per diem for the FAA academy is 79.20 per day as long as you are you at not living with friends and/or family, if you do, you lose the 30.20 per day meal allowance, bringing your total per diem to 49. If I read my FOL right.

The per diem rules change as of Oct. 1st. I updated the sticky under Housing / Accomodations. The rate went up slightly but the housing portion is different now.

Look for my post today in the following sticky for the updated info on per diem...

http://forums.jetcareers.com/traini.../72033-student-services-housing-per-diem.html

Hello,
I read the per diem announcement and just want to make sure I am understanding it correctly? Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated. The announcement first mentioned 79.20/ day. Then it talked about a maximum 49$/day for housing reimbursement and 30$ for meals etc. So do those two totaled 79$ comprise our total compensation? Basically train for free with expenses covered but absolutely no salary? or is the 79.20 in addition to housing compensation basically 80 times 5 day workweek or a 400 dollar a week salary? or 1600/ month salary. I read it several times but am still confused. Thanks for your help.

Per diem is "additional" beyond your base salary. The per diem is NOT taxed. The base salary for your training at Academy as of now a little over 17k plus locality rate.

Just to help out, the salary figures out to be 10.06/per hour. My wife brought me one of my check stubs from back home.

Per diem is going to $80.40 per day Oct 1. This includes the day before you start Academy, the day after, weekdays and weekends.

Damn your salary got bitch slapped 49 cents!

Kinda ghetto though? Basically though, most salaries from what I understand is roughly equivalent to $9.75 an hour (what I worked out like 3 months back). Then, you get the additional per diem for housing/meals which = $80.

Back