Took the test in San Bruno yesterday...

Nice... I took a tour of the Oakland Tower yesterday and I am scheduled to tour SFO on Jan. 5th.

Folks. I've said it once and I'll say it again. You are asking for nothing but trouble when you try to start out your FFAA career in some of the busiest facilities in the country. Can it be done...absolutely. Are the odds stacked against you....even more than you know. I'm sure I'll get the "hero" comments and the "If I try hard enough and study long enough I can do anything" comments. Do you really want to put your new career in danger right after being hired? At the time I started saying that you needed to start in a lower level facility, or an ARTCC for their training setup, we had VRA's/CTI's that had been in the building for over a year and a half with only one, possibly two sectors under their belts. Mind you these sectors were once in separate facilities (CSG/MCN appch) and were level 5 sectors at best. 6 months later and they are now trying to certify on A80 sectors and are struggling mightily. 1 washed out this week and 2 terminated their own training to give them a better shot at being transfered. Give yourselves a break and look at the level 7's, 8's and 9's of the FFAA. Spend a few years there and then move up to the Big Show.

CJ-ATL TRACON

(just my 1.4 cents....30% pay cut for you new guys)

That is really good advice. However, my desire to stay in the bay area is because it is where I currently live and would rather not have to deal with a move and a new city. I am less inclined then others on this board to move across the country.

Took mine last Monday (12/15) in OKC...still waiting. :(

I took mine on 12/18, OKC, and the guys proctoring the test mentioned that we should expect our scores to take longer than usual b/c of the holidays, about 10 days :( I'm going crazy waiting though!! Good luck to you, and hopefully we find out soon

I took mine on 12/18, OKC, and the guys proctoring the test mentioned that we should expect our scores to take longer than usual b/c of the holidays, about 10 days :( I'm going crazy waiting though!! Good luck to you, and hopefully we find out soon
Got mine yesterday (12/22). A bit longer than I would have liked, but finally :)

Lol, I've got longer tenure than everyone here, took the test on the 12th in Houston, STILL haven't gotten anything. :banghead:

Folks. I've said it once and I'll say it again. You are asking for nothing but trouble when you try to start out your FFAA career in some of the busiest facilities in the country. Can it be done...absolutely. Are the odds stacked against you....even more than you know. I'm sure I'll get the "hero" comments and the "If I try hard enough and study long enough I can do anything" comments. Do you really want to put your new career in danger right after being hired? At the time I started saying that you needed to start in a lower level facility, or an ARTCC for their training setup, we had VRA's/CTI's that had been in the building for over a year and a half with only one, possibly two sectors under their belts. Mind you these sectors were once in separate facilities (CSG/MCN appch) and were level 5 sectors at best. 6 months later and they are now trying to certify on A80 sectors and are struggling mightily. 1 washed out this week and 2 terminated their own training to give them a better shot at being transfered. Give yourselves a break and look at the level 7's, 8's and 9's of the FFAA. Spend a few years there and then move up to the Big Show.

CJ-ATL TRACON

(just my 1.4 cents....30% pay cut for you new guys)

KAPC/KCCR/KITO/KOGG or bust for me. I already know I'm the next John Cusack but there's no sense in rushing into fame and fortune.;)

you'll know when it's getting close to your geopref b/c you'll see me posting like crazy and celebrating when I get mine.. which is the ap right before yours.. i think.

Nice... I took a tour of the Oakland Tower yesterday and I am scheduled to tour SFO on Jan. 5th.

Give yourselves a break and look at the level 7's, 8's and 9's of the FFAA. Spend a few years there and then move up to the Big Show.

Here's the most recent ATC level listing that I have for Northern California facilities (July 2007):

CENTER - Level 11
ZOA OAKLAND ARTCC (Fremont)

TRACON - Level 12
NCT NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TRACON (Mather)

TOWER - Level 9
SFO SAN FRANCISCO INTL ATCT (South San Francisco)

TOWER - Level 8
OAK OAKLAND ATCT (Oakland)

TOWER - Level 7
SJC SAN JOSE INTL ATCT (San Jose)

TOWER - Level 6
CCR CONCORD ATCT (Concord)
HWD HAYWARD ATCT (Hayward)
LVK LIVERMORE ATCT (Livermore)
PAO PALO ALTO ATCT (Palo Alto)
RHV REID HILLVIEW ATCT (San Jose)
SMF SACRAMENTO METRO ATCT (Sacramento)

TOWER - Level 5
APC NAPA COUNTY ATCT (Napa)
MRY MONTEREY PENINSULA ATCT (Monterey)
STS SONOMA COUNTY ATCT (Santa Rosa)

Here's the most recent ATC level listing that I have for Northern California facilities (July 2007):

CENTER - Level 11

TRACON - Level 12

TOWER - Level 9

TOWER - Level 8

TOWER - Level 7

TOWER - Level 6

TOWER - Level 5

Wow, thats really great info. Looks like starting at a place like Hayward would be a good way to go. thanks!

That is really good advice. However, my desire to stay in the bay area is because it is where I currently live and would rather not have to deal with a move and a new city. I am less inclined then others on this board to move across the country.

Well that is CERTAINLY more important than getting checked out and keeping your job. Glad the priorities are in place.

CENTER - Level 11

TRACON - Level 12

TOWER - Level 9

TOWER - Level 8

TOWER - Level 7

TOWER - Level 6

TOWER - Level 5

It's about time my fellow bay area comrades got on this website. Thought I was going to be the only one.

Just got my score. :)

12/29/2008 11:12:48 AM (Central Time):
  • AT-SAT score of 70 or above is necessary for passing. Your score was 97. Eligible applicants are categorized as "well qualified" or "qualified" based on AT-SAT scores.

Back