Tomcatter

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
What's the F-14 been doing in the latest Iraq action? I've worked with Tomcats with them doing the FAC role and me as the attacker. All I can say is that the F-14 is twice the aircrew, half the SA of a normal fighter in an air-ground role.

How's life at NAS Miramar?

[ QUOTE ]
What's the F-14 been doing in the latest Iraq action? I've worked with Tomcats with them doing the FAC role and me as the attacker. All I can say is that the F-14 is twice the aircrew, half the SA of a normal fighter in an air-ground role.

How's life at NAS Miramar?

[/ QUOTE ]

There gose the cast
wink.gif
lets see if he hooks

[ QUOTE ]
Does a cat in Asia say "Mao"?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And dogs just go, "Run! Ruuuuuun!"

Ack, now THAT was probably racist. Sorry!

Actually, if you really want to know, it depends on the dialect you're speaking. In Mandarin, it is "mao" but in Taiwanese, it's "nao." In Japan, it's "nekko."

And now you've just about exhausted my knowledge of Asian languages.

Like the dog joke Doug - here's another:

Q. What do you call a Vietnamese with a dog?
A. A vegetarian

Q. What if he has two dogs?
A. A rancher

I bet I get flamed for this one.

[ QUOTE ]

When do the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornets come online? Thats what I'd want to be flying if I was Navy?

Everett

[/ QUOTE ]

They're already up and online. They are phasing out the F-14 to replace them.

[ QUOTE ]
Does a cat in Asia say "Mao"?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about that but the little playskool thingy you pull the cord on and it imitates animal noises had the cat sayin "May-u May-u" in Spain.

Isn't the F/A-18 Super Hornet a multi role fighter where as the F-14 is an air superiority fighter.

The F-14 is long range interceptor where as the F/A-18 Hornet is a light to medium range multi-role fighter.

So I guess my question is how can the Hornet replace the F-14. I thought the Navy version and the F-22 was gonna replace the F-14.

Ona quick side note this thread is 2 mins. from becoming a trainwreck maybe this will bring it back to topic (lol).

Emery

multi-role fighter -- means more than one role. It can do surface attack/close air support and mix it up in the air. Even the F-22 (now F/A-22, officially) is now a "multi-role fighter".

[ QUOTE ]
Even the F-22 (now F/A-22, officially) is now a "multi-role fighter".

[/ QUOTE ]

No multi-role = No procrument $$$ in this day and age.

Speaking of F/A's, my pal Gary was an F/A-18 pilot, landed at Sky Harbor just to ask his girlfriend's dad for permission to marry his daughter.

Jumped out, shook his hand, asked the question then continued onto LNAS.

Geez, it'd impress the hell out of me!

Back