Tomahawk or 150?

Try them both. But from a maintenance standpoint three is better than one. Training for PPL can be tough enough with wx cancellations, but if there is only one plane, maintenance could make for other issues. enjoy...

Jag - seeing as your "location" is MacDill AFB - I know the FBO you are going to be training at (Peter O. Knight Airport - TPF).

I'm working on my Comm. tickets there right now and I've flown all of the aircraft they have in their rental fleet.

The Tomahawks are a little faster than the 150 (and actually, the instructor you spoke to was wrong. The 150 is $45/hr. and the T-bird is $48/hr.
wink.gif
).

However, after reading an Aviation Safety report (August, 1997), about the Tomahawk and its tendency to spin in, I - personally - try not to fly them.... but, that's just me.

That being said - most of the instructors at TPF have a ton of experience in the Traumahawks and can vouch for their stability. Even with my aversion to the plane, I still have around 50 hours in them myself and haven't come close to making a smoking hole with any of them.
grin.gif

Please feel free to drop me a line on PM (Privat Messege).

And welcome to Peter O.!!! GREAT choice!!!

R2F

Back