To those without "flight benefits"

Victor Squawk

What are some other ways value can be gained if the flight benefits of airlines aren't that important to someone?

A high-paying is an easy example to imagine. At some point, you could make enough income that your income covers the equivalent flight benefits, based on how much you would really use them. The money could be used on other things, but flight benefits cannot be liquidated. So it works in one direction but not the other.

It doesn't have to be just a high-paying job or something easily quantifiable. It could be QOL or life satisfaction, or just liking the location where you live.

Have I missed any? Flight benefits are popular, and I think they're nice, but it's not a strong enough reason for me personally. I'd like to learn about what other sorts of paths exist in aviation, where there might not be flight benefits, but some other value gained in comparison.

There are a few places, usually fractional or cargo, that buy you tickets to/from work. Most require you to live near an airport with reasonable airline service, but in most cases you can basically live wherever you want.

My cargo airline technically has flight benefits, but nobody ever uses them as it normally adds more stress to a trip than it's worth. Instead, we usually have enough airline miles to just book an award ticket.

121 cargo dudes rack up an insane amount of miles on (insert airline of convenience back to base/home). I'd say in current travel environment, that is a better benefit than unlimited standby travel, which is sometimes almost useless

Back