tips on landing????!!!!

I usually just close my eyes and hope for the best!!
grin.gif
laugh.gif

"trey cool" glad you got some good advice fomr us fellow JC'er.

When I was getting my PPL the airport I used had two runways.

Both runways had thresholds and had the arrows pointing to where the runway actually began.

The threshhold on rwy. 11R had six "arrows" my instructor always told me to aim for the third arrow closet to the "numbers".

When I reached that third arrow I'd flare but not to hard or abrupt and pull out the power out and get the airplane in "ground effect".

And slowly hold in a slight flare while letting the airspeed bleed off and just wait for the main wheels to gently kiss the numbers.

This method can be done on all runways both with a threshhold or without. Just aim for the point just before where you want the airplane to touch down and you will grease the landing everytime.

Matthew

formerly Zen~Aku

You know, I had the same problem at first. As it turned out, I was carrying too much airspeed on final, and when I would flare, I would balloon, and fly way past my touchdown point. Once I could establish a stable approach at Vtgt, my landings came together really well. Oh, and I would tend to flare way too high, which didn't help either. I think it takes some time for your "senses" to get used to your body rushing toward the ground! :)

Back