Timeline for medical

FXST08

Hello,
Went out of work about 2 3/4 years ago due to depression and anxiety.
Spent about 2 years on the meds with no breaks.
Held a first class medical and a left seat jet position with a major carrier.

Question is, will this be a long road back with a lot of testing?
also is there a timeline for a decision from Oak City?

You will probably be required to submit ALL of your psychiatric records, have a current psychiatric evaluation and possibly a neuropsychological evaluation. You will need to be off the medications for at least 90 days. The time for a decision is in the 8-12 week range.

Is the FAA still intending to change the rules regarding depression/meds? If so, any updates on the timeline for that?

Is the FAA still intending to change the rules regarding depression/meds? If so, any updates on the timeline for that?

No update yet. As far as I know, they are still intending to develop a strict Special Issuance policy that is supposed to be published this year. As you know, this year may become next year with a governmental agency.

That's a pretty big change, any ideas whether there will be other changes, i.e. allowing the AME to decide in cases where meds are taken for up to a year, as opposed to the current 6 months?

Just a quick question. I thought the FAA wanted to know if you had a history of mental disorders. If this is a one time thing, then do you really need to do all of these testings?

Just a quick question. I thought the FAA wanted to know if you had a history of mental disorders. If this is a one time thing, then do you really need to do all of these testings?

It's my understanding that if one is on Meds less than 6 months then that would be the case. I.E. No testing, just a letter from the mental health professional stating it was a tempory condition and a healthy forcast that this will not be an issue in the future.
I also understand that everyone is on a case by case basis..:confused:

Short-term (less than 6 months of therapy) is a one time thing. Anything longer is of concern to the FAA.

I got subscribed medication for anxiety issues. The problem is, I never took the medication. Will I still be held accountable for being in a condition for a medical doctor to perscribe me anti anxiety medication? Should this be a cause for concern? What if I take the full bottle of peels to the doctor and tell the doc to change comments made in my medical record since I did not need the medication.

I said you do not have to report the medication since you are not taking it. You still must report the "mental illness" with an explanation.

Back