Time-line

Windchill

I know it says 90-days to complete the program, but how many actually satisfy that opposed to how many need more time and money to finish the program?

The price is fixed, not an average. Pretty much everyone from JC who has gone through did it in the 90 days. Some faster. Some MUCH faster (Travis
cool.gif
).

Aloft is right. The 90 days is an average, it may take a few days less or more but there is no charge for going over. All of your checkrides are scheduled when you show up your first day, so you know your timeline in advance.

Typically, if you go over it is due to weather delays & such... for example it took me a week and a half to do my final checkride due to the weather. I was scheduled to finish in 75 days, but that put me right up to 90 days.

...and I don't think anyone has beat Travis yet!
smile.gif
(Nor would I understand why anyone would want to!!!)
tongue.gif

Bob

Thanks for keeping the 59 Day ACPP Record alive and well!
cool.gif

In all seriousness, one of the problems with so many flight schools is the fact that they will tell you one thing to get your 30 G's and then somewhere down the road inform you that because of YOUR inability to get through their syllabus in the time alloted, you are going to have to pay more and take extra time. What these flight schools (and the instructors that work there) won't tell you is that they have an incentive to ensure that you go over in time/costs. The flight schools do this to got more money, and the instructors do it to get more flight time.

In direct contrast, ATP's instructors earn bonuses based on their students passing their checkrides IN THE TIME AND AT THE COST PROMISED. And, because the Career Pilot Program is just one part of the ATP structure (most of the business comes from ATP's, MEI/MEII's and Multi add ons), the company needs your good opinion and positive word-of-mouth a lot more than they need to soak you for a few extra bucks with bogus "stage checks" or any of the other tricks played by so many flight schools.

Simply put, ATP will deliver what they promise.

Travis

what is the process and timeline to become an instructor at ATP if you finish their program? I mean is it really selective, or if you finish in good standing and interview well do you have a good shot? I heard you answer phones first, but is the wait time like other schools such as flight safety over a year long, or less. Also do they have any rules on how long you are allowed to instruct there, or can you as long as it takes untill a regional picks you up. Just thought Id add my questions here too.. thanks

[ QUOTE ]
what is the process and timeline to become an instructor at ATP if you finish their program?

[/ QUOTE ] After completing the program, you polish up your resume and submit it to ATP, as well as your local FBO's... leave nothing to chance!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I mean is it really selective, or if you finish in good standing and interview well do you have a good shot?

[/ QUOTE ] Well, I'd say both, at the very least...one leads to the other.
[ QUOTE ]
I heard you answer phones first, but is the wait time like other schools such as flight safety over a year long, or less.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, you do answer the phones at first. The primary reason for this is to get you up to speed on the company and what types of programs ATP offers, and become familiar with the infrastructure... remember a good flight instructor is also a good salesman!
smile.gif
As far as the wait time... Some have waited months, while others have waited weeks or days. It all depends on business need, and how many applicants are qualified.
[ QUOTE ]
Also do they have any rules on how long you are allowed to instruct there

[/ QUOTE ] To my knowledge, there is no instructional deadline. If you are a good instructor, then you are an asset to ATP no matter how many hours you have. I know some of our longer term instructors are now able to teach the Intial-CFI portion of the program.

Hope that helps,

Bob

You will get the program completed within the 90 days and not for a cent more.....that's the bottom line. You can ask any ACPP student what they paid for the program (provided they locked in the same price at the price of sign up) and they will tell you they finished the program spending the SAME amount of money. I think everbody gets worked a little in pursuit of their flying dream. I know I spent ten grand on my private (i was working too) and there was nothing I could do about it until I got the good word. Take care and good luck.

Bob - drop me a line

Back