Time building bay area / san francisco / san jose / oakland / tracy / livermore

b33

Looking to build time around Northern California and the bay area. Looking at approximately $130 wet / 2... so something like $65 an hour wet per person. Just note that I'm a new pilot. I'm safe and highly motivated. Got 100% on my written for PPL. Taking my written for Instrument next week. I have a lot of hours to build so get in touch even if you are seeing this in a few months after this post.

Where are you located in the Bay Area? I’m in Santa Rosa (KSTS) and am in a similar situation as you. I’m building time and almost done with my instrument. Planes seem to be real expensive around here. The ones that do rent for around $130 an hour are always booked for instruction it seems like. Do you have a lead on a plane for that price?

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm in Emeryville. Yes, there's quite a few expensive rentals in the bay area.

However, there's some at Oakland for that price. Oakland Flyers and Alameda Aero are similar (although Aero requires a membership). Also, I haven't actually rented from them yet, so maybe it's harder to get a hold of in reality? Hayward has a few around that price which are almost always available. I trained there for a while. I also rent out of Tracy routinely which is super cheap but quite a drive at least an hour drive just from Oakland. For time building, I plan to block off a few days at a time, so even if I have to drive a bit farther to get there it's not a huge deal in my opinion.

Which A/C have you been using so far for time building?

I’ve mostly been flying a Cherokee 180, a 140, and a Cessna 172. The Cherokee 140 belongs to a friend and he rents it to me fairly cheap.

Do you have a plan as far as time building? Flying longer cross countries? If you can get checked out in a Cherokee 140 somewhere, we can probably use it. I could fly down your way and we could go from there.

Yes, sort of a loose plan. I need longer cross country time for IFR of course... but also the easier definition of cross country for CPL. I'm planning to do some longer trips. But generally, I'm trying to do a solid 4-6+ hours when going out minimize the ground time and commute time. How much time are you planning to build still?

Hi guys, I'm living on the other side of the central valley (El Portal) for the summer, but looking for people to split time with to build hours for instrument & CPL. I can get a 172 out of KMPI for $125 (or $115 block time) and it seems to be pretty wide-open availability Tues - Thursdays (more flight training on Friday - Monday). I'd happily fly over to the Bay to meet up if you don't feel like driving to MPI too - would love to do some 6+ hour XC days around the state to build time. My schedule is generally quite flexible, although I'm going to be out of state for most of June.

Reactions: b33
Looking to build time around Northern California and the bay area. Looking at approximately $130 wet / 2... so something like $65 an hour wet per person. Just note that I'm a new pilot. I'm safe and highly motivated. Got 100% on my written for PPL. Taking my written for Instrument next week. I have a lot of hours to build so get in touch even if you are seeing this in a few months after this post.

Ahh! My old stomping grounds! Was based out of RHV, would fly SCK-TCY-LVK or WVI SLS MRY with instrument students.

Hi guys, I'm living on the other side of the central valley (El Portal) for the summer, but looking for people to split time with to build hours for instrument & CPL. I can get a 172 out of KMPI for $125 (or $115 block time) and it seems to be pretty wide-open availability Tues - Thursdays (more flight training on Friday - Monday). I'd happily fly over to the Bay to meet up if you don't feel like driving to MPI too - would love to do some 6+ hour XC days around the state to build time. My schedule is generally quite flexible, although I'm going to be out of state for most of June.
Let’s keep in touch. I’ll still be building time in July and August.

Ahoy there, once I get current again in a few weeks I am very down. I rent out of Sundance at PAO, in my experience they are the most customer-minded and laid back FBO between SQL/PAO.

Back