Tim Canoll elected ALPA President

undsioux1

So the guy that I never heard of wins. I don't recall him sending anything out unlike the other candidates. Who is this guy?

If you've never heard of him, you must not pay much attention. He's been the Executive Administrator for the past four years under Moak. His picture is in back of the magazine.

If you've never heard of him, you must not pay much attention. He's been the Executive Administrator for the past four years under Moak. His picture is in back of the magazine.

So is that good or bad? Was he buddy buddy with Moak? I'm leaning towards bad. As @CRJDriver alluded to.

Good. Nothing wrong with the old boss. Did an outstanding job. Between Scope Choke and deny NAI, industry headed in the right direction
In all honestly I'm not sure I can disagree. As a regional pilot the goings on at national are as meaningless to us as we are to them. So, I guess for those that will be affected, congrats?

It is like going from Bush Sr to Bush Jr right? Really not too much of a difference? Btw too bad, a Hilary would've been nice.

Think of the ALPA BOD, where this occurs, as an old alarm clock. Runs basically on time, lots of intricate moving parts, and occasionally makes a loud noise.

Richman

I'm sure sending planes from one regional to another who are both represented by ALPA will be status quo under this leadership as well. Good looking out for your membership.

Was Obama supposed to intervene when Boeing took work from Seattle and sent it down to Charleston?

Big difference between National and Local union governance.

We have to understand that ALPA national does not just represent one pilot group but the pilot groups as a whole. As such their emphasis should be on those areas that help the entire group, staying out of the "regional verses major" business model. I'm a regional pilot and I don't like the way the majors are playing us off against each other, but I don't know that ALPA should necessarily be involved. That is a business model that may or may not work. What is good for Compass pilots may not be good for Expressjet pilots, JetBlue pilots may not really care, but may help DAL over United.
Now on the national level I do have major disagreements with ALPA. Again, they should be looking after the interests of their members, not the interests of a political party. As an example, we can argue on the merits of Obamacare, but it was NOT in the best interest of airline pilots and their employers. As such ALPA and the other unions whose members got hosed by Obamacare should have taken the time to read the stupid bill and put the brakes on it. Very similar to the coal worker's union in KY throwing their support behind the D. I mean really?

Back