Threads have been moved to the "Air Traffic Control" forum

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
All threads have been moved to the "Air Traffic Control" forum below under "Career Specific"

Re: Threads have been moved to the "Air Traffic Control" for

This is a great idea. I was getting tired of clicking back and forth.

Hey thanks for hearing my voice :) Let's get some pilot/controller questions going in here!

question

Where does a controller want you to report when they state "n123 enter left base report 4 miles". Is this referring to 4 miles from your present position to the runway (2 miles on base and 2 on final), or to enter a left base to a point where you are on a two mile final?

Thx

Re: question

Hey man!

I'm debating creating a place where pilots can ask ATC questions, or just keeping everything consolidated into the "Air Traffic Control" forum. Thoughts?

I think the "Ask an Air Traffic Controller" feature was a great idea. Unfortunately, people just don't pay a whole lot of attention to where they need to post, or read previous threads. I think it will be great to have a section dedicated to pilots asking questions. It is one feature that made this site unique.
Maybe have a section to ask questions related to pilots/atc, and another for applicants?
Just my $.02

I personally would rather it be a Pilots asking ATC questions forum moreso than a career forum.

It seemed every thread was about how long people were waiting for callbacks, and it lost all sense of interest for me.

I did/do rather enjoy the questions, because the further each of us can educate our two groups (Pilots/ATC) the safer and more efficient we can all be.

Agreed...I like the idea of having an Ask an ATC'er forum, for technical/operations questions separate from the career-specific forum. Perhaps (if you decide to keep them separate) there can be a sticky 'Read Me First' thread to keep things straight

Please keep this forum for pilot/controller specific questions. Thanks.

Back