Those Crazy Poles!

A Life Aloft

This gave me a laugh and a smile this morning....

As the LOT 787 500,000th pax checked in for his flight, a flash mob performed songs from the musical “Mamma Mia!” right in the middle of Warsaw Chopin Airport.

Last edited:
I get verbally assaulted nightly by an eighty year schizophrenic Polish guy with Alzheimers who hates the Jews, the Ukrainians and the Czech. And says he is the supreme god of Poland, and that he is also the President of the United States. He always calls me racial eptiaths in Polish and always talks about his chuj and also pizda's.

He would wants me to correct you and inform you that the proper Polish name for Warsaw is Warszawa. And that the English renamed it Warsaw, and that the English are the most stupidest people in the world. At least according to him.

I get verbally assaulted nightly by an eighty year schizophrenic Polish guy with Alzheimers who hates the Jews, the Ukrainians and the Czech. And says he is the supreme god of Poland, and that he is also the President of the United States. He always calls me racial eptiaths in Polish and always talks about his chuj and also pizda's.

He would wants me to correct you and inform you that the proper Polish name for Warsaw is Warszawa. And that the English renamed it Warsaw, and that the English are the most stupidest people in the world. At least according to him.
Well YOU're A POLAND!

Well YOU're A POLAND!

Polska. Not Poland, that is also the proper Polish name for their country. Ask me how I know. If you call Warszawa, Warsaw. Or Krakuf, Krakow. He is known to get punchy, with his turbo punch as he calls it! Which as he claims, if contact is made. It will kill with one punch. All the while he's calling me black gowno.

He's seriously one of my favorite patients. Polish Archie Bunker.

Polska. Not Poland, that is also the proper Polish name for their country. Ask me how I know. If you call Warszawa, Warsaw. Or Krakuf, Krakow. He is known to get punchy, with his turbo punch as he calls it! Which as he claims, if contact is made. It will kill with one punch. All the while he's calling me black gowno.

He's seriously one of my favorite patients. Polish Archie Bunker.
I dare you to do the ship hijack movie quote with hanks and that Somali guy from minne

"Look at me-look at me... I am the captain now."

Alone in the dark, staring at the ceiling just before sleep dims the conscious mind, do you ever wonder about any of your clients/patients, "Oh God, what if they're right ... ?"

People are ... interesting.

Oh @Maximillian_Jenius .....It's always you you you! :D

Yeah, that would be proper Polish pronunciation written in English. I meant proper spelling, cause in the English world it's sometimes written Cracow. But who knows what he thinks. In my experience Polish people who emigrated to the US are totally disattached from today's Poland. They are kind of preserved, like if they emigrated in the early '80 they still wear '80 style clothes, '80 style haircut, they think freedom in Poland is in danger and they have no clue how to call a cellphone (or any other thing invented in the last 30 years) in Polish.

Anyway, back to the original topic. The reason why they have chosen the Mamma Mia songs has probably something to do with one of LOT's E-Jets in Mamma Mia livery.

Last edited:
Yeah, that would be proper Polish pronunciation written in English. I meant proper spelling, cause in the English world it's sometimes written Cracow. But who knows what he thinks. In my experience Polish people who emigrated to the US are totally disattached from today's Poland. They are kind of preserved, like if they emigrated in the early '80 they still wear '80 style clothes, '80 style haircut and they think freedom in Poland is in danger.

Well he's eighty years old, so he was there during WWII. Polish is his first language.

I would have asked her to stop singing and to let me check in and go. That was a bit ridiculous.

Back