This weather is crap!

mastermags

Well-Known Member *giggity*
I just wanted to vent about the weather in the southeast right now! Im supposed to be finishing up my PP training, and I havent seen the sun since I went to florida a week ago... and it doesnt look like it's going to get any better. I hate weather, it is my worst enemy! Is this pissing anyone else off too?

Oh yea, try training out of Portland Oregon, the always raining, low vis. capitol of the PacificNorthwest!
mad.gif
It's not technically the most rainy by numbers but it rains and has way too much IMC wx to get much flying in. I got my ticket three years ago and I have to cancel alot due to wx so I feel for 'ya.

Hang in there...

Don't worry I've had to cancel my last three lessons (commercial) due to low visibility/ceilings. It seems like if I don't have any flights scheduled it will be the most beautiful day, like yesterday, but if I have something scheduled then the clouds, rain, or fog moves in to mess up the day. This kind of weather was great two years ago when I did my instrument rating, lots of actual! But now I want the CAVU days so I can finish up this dang commercial. I share your frustrations but what can you do? You just have to keep on going at it and eventually you'll get your breaks. Good luck!

Happy Flying!
grin.gif

My sympathies Mags. I looked at the doppler on weather .com last night, nothing but t'strms for you guys. Don't feel too bad; it happens to all of us in spring. Living in Texas, I had to postpone my PPL Checkride 3 times due to capricious weather systems.

I agree, the weather here in Virginia has been crap. I haven't seen the sun since last friday... Lucky for me, I was able to sneak in a solo flight last friday afternoon before the weather arrived. Still, I was unable to fly anymore that weekend.

My graduation from Highschool is this saturday
laugh.gif
and I hope that weather is good May 24th. So far, It looks like it will be 73 degrees with partyl sunny skies! GREAT WEATHER! Still, as all us know, Weather can change at anytime....

DeltaASA16

Move to PHX.

Problem sovled.

grin.gif

It's only 102 today - not hot yet!
grin.gif

Hey mastermags

If you plan to advance in your ratings, now is a great time to add some actual IFR to the logbook. "Actual" sure beats that silly hood, and it's always exciting to break out at minimums lined up for the runway.

No, after you finish your PPL is a good time to get actual instrument training. With a qualified instructor, of course.

Either way, you can't get much actual down there with the T-Storms around.

Of course, EatSleepFly.
wink.gif

I didn't mean to preclude the completion of private training before beginning instrument work. If, however, our friend only has a few more hours of experience (not initial training) to build into the logbook before the checkride, advancing can be a real thrill.

After I completed my private work, I wasn't old enough to take the check ride, so my instructor and I begin instrument training. And after shooting around VFR for the previous year, finally punching through the clouds was rather exciting.

This background was the foundation for my previous comment. I do not advise advancing to the next stage of training until the previous is complete. Ultimately, the decision is up to the instructor and the student.

[ QUOTE ]
Can airplanes still fly when it's that hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

152's can't.

Apparently, a couple of years ago there was a full groundstop on at PHX because it got to like 125F and the performance charts didn't go that high so everyone was grounded. I kid you not.

I feel your pain man, I canceled my PPL ride 7 times because of either mechanical or weather (it was weather 6 of those times). Once you start your instrument training you'll want those clouds to get actual in. Right now I'm trying to get some good actual in with my instructor since I have not been flying much over the last 7-8 months, but we either have thunderstorms or clear sky's. Kind of a pain in the butt, but we all go through it.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Thanks for hearing me out guys.... and in case you were wondering.... the weather is still crap!
mad.gif

Same in Texas. I've been waiting to take my Commercial Single and CFI Single checkrides for about 2 weeks-- I did the oral Comm Single this morning, but had ceilings at 600 with imbedded t'storms on the way so it will be postponed 'till...
Ahh, well. I'm not to worried about it. At least I'm at home and not stuck in some strange city in a company apartment or hotel like some of the other guys. It'll get done when it gets done.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can airplanes still fly when it's that hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

152's can't.

Apparently, a couple of years ago there was a full groundstop on at PHX because it got to like 125F and the performance charts didn't go that high so everyone was grounded. I kid you not.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!!!
shocked.gif
I was half joking when I asked! Time to break out the eggs for some good old fashioned pavement cooking.

As for the weather... around here it's been 3-5sm in haze the last week or so.... gonna stay that way for another week it seems like; can you say smog?

Good thing I got my rating; I'd probably get lost if I went VFR
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Back