This is weird...

tacotico

I called aviation careers last week and found out that I had been selected for PUB5, and should receive and email soon. I called again today and the lady I spoke with told me I was supposed to have gotten an email for ZFW with the rest of the batch, but it was never sent out! I got the direct number to the manager of the central region hiring, and am to call her tomorrow to deal with this.
Any speculation on what will happen? I'm nervous I somehow missed my chance!

~Taco

I think you're safe - I'm still wtg to hear from the ZOB manager about an interview. I am planning on calling monday if i haven't heard anything back

I think you're safe - I'm still wtg to hear from the ZOB manager about an interview. I am planning on calling monday if i haven't heard anything back

Here's the thing, though, I haven't even gotten the original email telling me that I was selected for an interview...

Did your ASAP for PUB5 and PUB6 page update? Do you still have the referral list showing your still being reviewed or another candidate has been selected?

I believe if your still being reviewd you still have a chance.

Well, mix-ups happen, when I responded to my initial email saying I was selected for ZNY, it said my response would be confirmed by email, after 3 days when I had heard nothing, I called my rep, C.C., and found that she THOUGHT she sent a reply back, but apparently it never left her inbox.

Your situation is different since you never got an email to reply with an acceptance letter.

Good luck to you.

Well, mix-ups happen, when I responded to my initial email saying I was selected for ZNY, it said my response would be confirmed by email, after 3 days when I had heard nothing, I called my rep, C.C., and found that she THOUGHT she sent a reply back, but apparently it never left her inbox.

GS: I got a call (not email) from the person who will be interviewing me at ZNY. If you already sent your acceptance letter back, I am sure they will get to you. The guy I talked to mentioned that he had 17 other interviews to schedule, I assume that since ZOB is the busiest ARTCC in the world, that they probably have even more interviews, and less time.

TT: Your situation is different since you never got an email to reply with an acceptance letter.

Good luck to both of you.

I'm assuming "GS" means me. No I was trying to help "TT" out with her question. I got all my stuff and have no issues. Also I'm going PEPC not trad route. But thanks tho!

edit: maybe you meant oufly

I'm assuming "GS" means me. No I was trying to help "TT" out with her question. I got all my stuff and have no issues. Also I'm going PEPC not trad route. But thanks tho!

yeah i got you mixed up with someone else, lol

fixed

My husband got an phone call from OKC last summer asking if he was still interested in the job because he had never sent an email confirmation back. He had never received the email!!! Luckily they did call to check. He went to a PEPC a month later and then to OKC 4 months later. The lost email thing happens more than they care to admit I am afraid.

I think that is why the email says that if you choose to decline, it must be in writing, that way they know you got the email, if they don't hear from you, they can assume the email got lost or something. Anyway, I forgot to say this before, but congrats TT

Same happened to me...my HR rep called the central hiring person and then sent me an email but it was well after everyone else got theirs. I still don't really know what happened.

hahahahahaha!!! Love the signature! Is that new or am I oblivious?

Oh I just threw it in there the other day for some comedy and to see if anyone would actually notice....:D

Yup, no PUBNAT 12. Have never taken any test. And IGM is an uncontrolled field with no tower....or any ATC for that matter. :D

Well, the only update I have is that I have talked to three different people, but I finally am getting it straightened out. As soon as HR rep CS gets the final word from Aviation Careers, she will call me and set something up. I would suggest to anyone who has not gotten an email, and their ASAP has not changed either, to call and get verbal confirmation. I'm glad I did!

Another bazaar and exciting thing happened to me today...
I went to ZNY with my husband today for him to interview. As I was waiting in the car for him, unbeknown to me, he mentioned my situation. The supervisor he was interviewing with asked why they couldn't interview me today. So, she made several calls to verify that I was selected, and one hour later, I interviewed with the training manager of ZNY! Holy Moley! Things seem to have went well for the both of us... Keeping my fingers crossed...

Back