This is horrible....

mtsu_av8er

OK, this is WAYYYYY dead!!! There has got to be some MTSU pilots on this forum. As many Blue Raider Wonders as I've seen and talked to, somebody has to say something!!!!

Nah, not lately, ive had a couple of things in the works and as soon as they are i plan on taking my golf clubs and heading back for a few days!

Hey man my friend and I will be attending MTSU this coming year. We have customs the begining of this week. He starts flying this semmester to get his commercial and I start next semmester.

We are both coming from right outside of Memphis, in Germantown. Right now we both fly 172's out of Olivebranch,MS.

Douglass. Some of Airventures planes look like they might fall out of the sky. lol j/k

I used to fly out of there a couple of years ago.. isn't the price of the 172's like $102 and hour solo ?? And that for the older ones. Thats kind of expensive for me . So I mostly fly out of Muscle Shoals, AL when I visit family on the weekends ($75 hr)..

Dan

Dang man thats real cheap. For solo its like $140 or so forgot exactly. But, then again I do fly the new 172 r's and SP's. full moving map gps and dual axis auto pilot.....you get the picture.

Dang!!! 140?
shocked.gif
I thought 100 was bad for a 2003 172s with all the goodies you mentioned. And to make matters worse I was paying 90.00 for what I stated about 10 months ago. Not even close to 140...
crazy.gif

Sorry that was a guess. Right now for a 2002 C-172 SP that is IFR rated, 2 NAV/COMM, Intercom,KLN 94 Color GPS, Dual Axis Auto pilot with preselect then all the other goodies it comes out to be exactly 132.50 for solo and 162.50 dual

[ QUOTE ]
it comes out to be exactly 132.50 for solo and 162.50 dual

[/ QUOTE ]
WOW. That's TWICE what I pay for an hour in a '79 172.

Yeah, but there is a difference between those two planes besides age it also has to do with avionics.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry that was a guess. Right now for a 2002 C-172 SP that is IFR rated, 2 NAV/COMM, Intercom,KLN 94 Color GPS, Dual Axis Auto pilot with preselect then all the other goodies it comes out to be exactly 132.50 for solo and 162.50 dual

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap!

Actually, all I need is a basic VFR aircraft with a COM radio. I get all the 'gee whiz' stuff at work.

DANG!!! The FBO where I'm doing my training has a 2003 172SP with the Bendix/King KLN 94 GPS and KMD 550/580 Multi-Function Display (moving map), autopilot, leather seats... freakin' CUP HOLDERS... for $98/hr - wet.

You're getting robbed.

Hey ready2fly got an extra room?
grin.gif
your lucky but thats the only 141 school around here. You and your toys Doug wish I had toys like that.

Toys?
smile.gif

A '93 Pontiac Grand Am, a lawnmower and a laptop. Woo hoo!

IFly85... We do indeed have an extra room.... and we'll rent it out CHEAP!!
wink.gif

BTW - my FBO is part 61 (but, my instructor teaches using a Part 141 syllabus - the Jepps).

Back