Thinking of CFI program????

Tazman282

I have a job lined up right now flying King Airs but it is not going to be a 5 days a week job maybe once or twice, so I am looking into getting my ratings. I have been told by a couple people that a lot of FBO's and flight school's in general don't like to see the fast paced cfi programs. Some will not even consider your application for a cfi job if they see that on your resume. I was just wondering what some graduates or current students feel about this. I understand if you go through the whole program they will give you a job. I am mainly concerned with the ones that only got there CFI II MEI. Thanks for the info...

I'm curious about the exact same thing regarding the CFI/II/MEI course. How did you land the King Air gig. Did you know someone? What were your times? Congrats!

I met the guy a while back at work. I am a waiter and we were just chatting, one thing led to another and he asked me if I wanted to go flying. He was in town visiting relatives. Since then I have kept in contact and he said that after I graduate I can fly for him and instruct on the side. He runs a part 91 operation so it will be good time in the log book. I will only be F/O but in no means am I complaining. I believe he has 2 planes and is getting a third. Not sure though. I am just hoping it doesn't fall through so I am keeping my options open...

I've never heard of anyone ruling out a job applicant based on an accelerated flight training program, but I suppose it could happen.

How would a flight school determine that you recieved accelerated flight training? Would you advertise it as such? Would a 30 day program be considered an accelerated program? What if you did it in 2 weeks...but at a local FBO? How do you qualify accelerated?

I say get it as fast as you can, where ever you can. On the resume, put the name of the of the flight school...if that (They don't need to know...it's the same rating no matter where you go, and how long it takes you).

Success in an interview is due to many things, and I believe it is professionalism, knowledge, experience, and demeanor among other things. Having said that, I did meet a few people who placed more emphasis on where I went to school.

When I went job hunting I encountered a few people that didn't like "big flight schools" or "accelerated programs" and wouldn't even talk to me. It was my suspicion that they wanted to hire someone they taught how to be a CFI, who does things "thier way." It's their flight school and their right to conduct business however they see fit. One lady at KSUA didn't even want to rent a plane to someone she didn't teach!

In general I received a favorable welcome and had two solid offers after about 2 weeks of searching. Everyone liked my multi experience and cross-country experience.

Does the Richmond location do the CFI,II, and MEI proogram or only the MEI course. It would be pretty convenient since I live nearby.

Back