Thinking of buying the PNB Stealth 22", any input?

Running shoes, workout clothes, spare uniform pants, 2 spare uniform shirts, and the necessities of boxers, socks, undershirts, toiletries, 12inch laptop, a few random things all fit in my 22". Really, it is all about what you want to haul, nobody cares about your bag but you. Do you have any sort of 22 or 26 inch bag at home. Try putting everything you need into a 22, and if i doesn't fit, get the bigger one...

Unfortunately odds are that your bag will regularly end up down below even if the agents don't care. Commuting you are generally the last one on, and these days there is never enough space.

I love mine. I've got the 26" which was fantastic for those 5-6 day reserve stints where I'd be sentenced to DTW the whole time. That being said, I'm probably going to buy the 22" in the near future. Makes commuting less of a hassle when you're fighting for bin space.

Just got my 22" for Christmas this year to replace my TravelPro that had survived 5 years with me. Thus far, I'm loving it. I can pack 5-6 days worth of clothes in it just like my old suitcase.

Worth the investment, thing is tough and built to last the rigors of being an airline pilot.

Love mine, the commute going on the back of an RJ for the last 2 years is taking its toll but it has at least another 3 in it. The only bag that bends, not breaks.

I love my 22" - I'm going on 5 years with it, and I only have one seam rip. (from when it was thrown in the back of the DC-9 by our MX people) Everyone has said all of the basics... it really is a great bag. You will keep finding pockets in it that you didn't know it had. I literally just discovered a NEW zipper pocket about two weeks ago.

Let's see... on the CRJ (Not the ERJ - I always had to put the bag on the cart when DHing on the ERJ) I would always have enough room for: Toiletry Kit, Tennis Shoes (or whatever you kids are calling them these days... cross trainers, gym shoes??? I don't know), 4-6 days worth of clothes - including uniforms. I would put my macbook in a sleve and put in in the front/bottom of the bag. (I never gave my bag to the rampers - I would be able to slide it in in both the -200 and -700 overhead bins.)

For commuting - I would recommend the 22" - fits perfectly in every overhead bin out there - except the first couple of rows on aircraft left of the older SWA 73's - and the 767. (which is a odd duck when it comes to overhead space in the first place - but domestically, there is always a cubbyhole that the FA's can shove your bag in if you are the last one on.) The 26" will always have to be placed sideways on the commute. (But, will fit sideways very well in the CRJ's)

Get the custom strap - my favorite one that I saw was "Nacho Bag" in orange. I just have my name. Also, it has a couple of good places for stickers - I have an In 'n Out, an Apple, and a couple of random ones on the bottom. No trouble identifying my own bag in a lineup. :)

I would recommend the metal frame one - even though it is heavy, I think that it holds up to the rigors of day to day flying. (5-8 legs - rain, sleet, snow) On the Bus these days, I've noticed that my bag doesn't take much of a beating.

I've replaced my wheels twice... by myself - each time, no problem.

The 22" is considerably more practical than the 26", and I have never had any problem not having enough room.

You can hang as many bags off of it as you want to overflow as necessary - I have never seen anyone have a problem.

I do 18+ day trips with my 22". No issues at all. Pack for a week and do laundry. No need to get a bigger one unless you carry a ton of makeup or something. :D

Bought the 22, love it, 5 years now. I did have it serviced at the 2.5 mark, everything was covered warranty wise (fixed things I just assumed would never be the same) and locktighted the screws. Grab on of those snap on duffle bags, it's like having the 26" roller board, the last four inches just detach. Cheaper too.

Oh man, shouldn't have done that! They're horrible! My wheels came off and zippers broke and blah blah blah! ;)

Yeah, I am going to have to ship mine back here soon, Maybe when I take some time off when the new kiddo is born, Couple of broken zippers and a bent frame. Still works great though.

Back