Thinking about the CFI program

Kmaceri

I have heard many positive things about Falcon's CFI program and I am definitely going to train there, im just deciding on which airport to go to. I live in Dacula so im thinking PDK or AHN, I'll probably pick PDK since I am attending college at Georgia Perimeter at Dunwoody. How long is the program or does it depend on the student and scheduling? I'm thinking about starting next month because now I am starting to study and start my lesson plans now so I can be ahead of the ball game when I do start.

Kmaceri,

PDK would be the best suitable based on current instructor availability. The program will depend on your schedule however if you can PM me with your ratings, total time, and schedule availability, I can get back to you with a more specific answer. Also, have you started preparing for your FOI and FIA writtens?

That's real good that you are already starting the lesson plans...this will help speed up the process quite a bit.

Im picking PDK since its only a 30 minute ride and my college is down there compared to the 1 hour ride to AHN.

Any word on doing the MEI as an add on at PDK with Falcon? Mostly DA-42's? How's the instructor availability,etc?

I'm finishing up my CFII as my initial and would like to add my MEI next

Chris is across the hall...he's working for whoever bought firefly.
Go to PDK for the CFI. You'll burn a whole month (easy) waiting around on a SE-complex to show up enough in AHN.

I choose PDK for the CFI program and it is great. Not a bad drive and very good instruction from Al and once from Dan. We are currently doing our two week courses tues-thurs 8-5 and after the two weeks is individual work which includes the presentations of lesson plans. After that we will start the flying portion. I'm happy with the program and the instruction so far. Things will be looking even better for Falcon once they get the Chinese students to come and train with them.

What is the total price for the CFI program and are you guarantee a position after completing the CFI program?

My price was $4,900 with 80 grounds hours and 20 flight hours. The price can vary depending how long it takes you to get ready, but with this amount of time I feel I will be ready to get my ticket. As far as CFI position, yes its guaranteed but no guarantee on students. You know the economy is at low so the likely hood of me getting many students is slim. If you want more information I suggest checking out the website and contacting them. I think the CFI program on there is not the same as what we do at PDK, its in the process of being changed and we are the first class to be under it.

Excellent, get crackin' on those lesson plans!

Who are you working with out of PDK? If you don't want to state it in public, send me a PM.

Back