Think It's Hard To Get Hired By SWA? Try Virgin Galactic!

Re: Think It's Hard To Get Hired By SWA? Try Virgin Galacti

Give it another 75 years then hopefully space travel becomes a little more common place. I'm thinking earth/moon turns. Then stuff like this becomes just another 121 carrier...with a pilot group represented by ASPLA, and all the drama that goes with those two things. The important question is this...which is more senior? Would it be the interplanetary turns or the terrestrial only?

Random musings...

1) Delta has the red-head with huge lips doing the safety video. I want VG to have some kind of multi-armed, multi-boobed Star Trek type of creature doing the video - the kind of creature that is both repulsive yet kind oh hot in a way...kind of like Taylor Swift...but green, with three sets of arms and six boobs.

2) I hope that Branson doesn't make the crew wear the stupid VA type of uniforms - you know, the open-collared busboy look.

3) I want TSA to be equally intrusive to VG pax as they are to everyone else...including notes to women who pack dildos.

Random musings...

1) Delta has the red-head with huge lips doing the safety video. I want VG to have some kind of multi-armed, multi-boobed Star Trek type of creature doing the video - the kind of creature that is both repulsive yet kind oh hot in a way...kind of like Taylor Swift...but green, with three sets of arms and six boobs.

2) I hope that Branson doesn't make the crew wear the stupid VA type of uniforms - you know, the open-collared busboy look.

3) I want TSA to be equally intrusive to VG pax as they are to everyone else...including notes to women who pack dildos.
queen.GIF

Borg queen?

queen.GIF

Borg queen?

Naw man, Waco just doesn't know his scifi well enough. Clearly the Borg queen only has two boobs. Jim is confusing Star Trek with Total Recall and Star Wars (both of which have flirted with multi-boobed character designs). Do your research Jim! ;)

Naw man, Waco just doesn't know his scifi well enough. Clearly the Borg queen only has two boobs. Jim is confusing Star Trek with Total Recall and Star Wars (both of which have flirted with multi-boobed character designs). Do your research Jim! ;)

I confess, I was not and am not a sci-fi type. My only interaction with Star Trek were the original ones that came on Saturday afternoon before Kung Fu.

I confess, I was not and am not a sci-fi type. My only interaction with Star Trek were the original ones that came on Saturday afternoon before Kung Fu.

No worries. Star Trek was always more innocent and centered around exploration (fly through space, meet new aliens, maybe some of them are friendly and you DON'T necessarily have to kill them). Where as Total Recall was more the gratuitous sex and violence genre (e.g. the Governator gets flashed by three-breasted Mars prostitutes). Great movie in its own right but definitely a world apart from the relative innocence of Star Trek. ;)

Back on-topic, Test Pilot School sounds amazing. If I ever win the lottery (or otherwise find myself with an extra $400,000) or find an employer that would sponsor it, I would love to do the program at Mojave and get an M.S. in Flight Test Engineering. It doesn't get much more badass than doing science in an old cold war era Saab Draken (IIRC that's one of their airframes).

No worries. Star Trek was always more innocent and centered around exploration (fly through space, meet new aliens, maybe some of them are friendly and you DON'T necessarily have to kill them). Where as Total Recall was more the gratuitous sex and violence genre (e.g. the Governator gets flashed by three-breasted Mars prostitutes). Great movie in its own right but definitely a world apart from the relative innocence of Star Trek. ;)
And then there is Battlestar Galactica. Tricia Helfer...Katee Sackhoff...oh, and gratuitous violence!

Back on-topic, Test Pilot School sounds amazing. If I ever win the lottery (or otherwise find myself with an extra $400,000) or find an employer that would sponsor it, I would love to do the program at Mojave and get an M.S. in Flight Test Engineering. It doesn't get much more badass than doing science in an old cold war era Saab Draken (IIRC that's one of their airframes).

Go and do EMT up in Santa Paula, somewhat related, you'll at least get to do some "fun" flying. I'm with you though, after I buy a house with my Lotto winnings I'll do Test Pilot School. For, uh, for science, and not because I want to someday go to the extreme edges of the envelope...

Haha yes... For the pursuit of... Science. That's it... ;)

Now is the time to open up a sim and suggest Branson makes pilots buy their own type off you prior to an interview.

Because getting there first is everything.
...actually, now that you mention it...

I would express it as "Once you're there seniority is everything."

inigo88 said:
Haha yes... For the pursuit of... Science. That's it...
Yes, for the same reason I like watching MythBusters. Kari Byron has nothing to do with it. At all, ever.

Autothrust Blue said:
Yes, for the same reason I like watching MythBusters. Kari Byron has nothing to do with it. At all, ever.
Sarcasm? Kari Byron is the main reason I watch Mythbusters. :)

Random musings...

I actually think your musing in this bullet point is a great idea! You need to email that to the powers-that-be at VG! I'm being serious, although i don't think that you should put it in such a way, but I think that if they did the girl up good, like A-list Hollywood Special Effects good, then ti would come off as extremely creative yet fun (Like SWA flight crews except funny!!!!!). Haha, but when I was reading your post a few minutes ago I was picturing the 3-boobed lady from Total Recall!

But here is how I view the whole "space-travel" thing, or sub-orbital inter-continental flights, I think that the sub-orbital stuff will begin to routinely happen commercially just as business jets routinely fly at FL510 today... I believe and anticipate that my generation of pilots (I'm 30 years old) will be the ones who usher in this new type of flying as we will be the most senior and most experienced on heavy aircraft with advanced avionics and such... just as aging WWII pilots ushered in the jet-age with Pan Am later in their careers. I really think this will happen and I think that we will be in a great position to run with it!

Wait til they start flying Shuttle sized space craft for Gemini capsule rates. Scabs!

Back