The Venerable DC-7

Ah, a lot of aircraft are "real man's" planes. I've heard it for the classic 747s, 767, DC-9, etc...

The Jurrasic Classic is a pussycat. Sure your margin of error is really reduced since it takes so much pavement, but flying it isn't a chore. There's alot of work to verify the airplane is going where you want it too, but such is life. Nothing like doing gross error checks....

767, I've never flown one, but it seems it has a lot of magic and is a pretty sterile flight deck.

I've flown some old-school airplanes, as Orange Anchor will attest, the YS is almost technology from antiquity. I have never flown an old Douglas, or Lockheed, but airplanes designed before the 60's are typically function first, human factors non-existant. Customer cockpits (switches and controls in different locations, some switches move different ways), unboosted controls and things like warning systems non-existent. Is it the "golden-era"? Ehhh, I'll still take my heated wings, hydraulically boosted controls, and color weather radar any day.

well we at least still have hydraulics....just about everything else is stripped out.

I love the DC's, they would come into CDC BLM tanker base on fires and I would help fuel them. My fav was the P2 the sound of the jets and radials at t/o power was the best. Cool pic I swear I've fueled that plane years ago

I love the DC's, they would come into CDC BLM tanker base on fires and I would help fuel them. My fav was the P2 the sound of the jets and radials at t/o power was the best. Cool pic I swear I've fueled that plane years ago

You read where a P2V went down a day ago, right? All 3 on board lost..

Back