The thrill of pushing that throttle all the way in...

DeltaAVL

...when you're the only one in the plane is incomparable. :)

First solo today. 15 hours. On my 4th instructor. I think this guy's gonna stick around.

Did two touches and one full stop in Class C airspace. All three were a little firmer than the ideal landing, but I'd rather have firm than float. #3 was a tad high, but with 8,000 feet of runway, it wasn't a bit of an issue. ;)

I've had a ton of fun so far and can't wait to get back up. Can't give Doug and you other JC folks enough thanks for the encouragement, support, and knowledge. It's invaluable. Really.

Will

I was so nervous on my first solo that it didn't hit me until after the flight. As I got in the car and started to drive home, I looked up through the sunroof and saw other airplanes in the pattern getting ready to land and thought, I just did that. All by myself. Whoa!

...All three were a little firmer than the ideal landing....

I can relate. When you figure it out drop me a PM. :rolleyes:

And remember this: Never take Toria for a ride in your airplane. If she even gets the slightest impression your landing was anything but smooth she will blab it to everyone on JC. That Jaguar Doctor can't keep a secret worth beans.

And remember this: Never take Toria for a ride in your airplane. If she even gets the slightest impression your landing was anything but smooth she will blab it to everyone on JC. That Jaguar Doctor can't keep a secret worth beans.

:yup::yup: That was a funny thread.....

Congratulations! I still remember my first solo in vivid detail even though it was 13 years ago now (where does the time go?)... It took me a week to climb down from the high that flight gave me.

You, my friend, will be punished someday, somehow. I know not when yet, but be assurred it is coming.

And, that feeling of joy and accomplishment doesn't leave you, ever. It is one of the few moments that really last a lifetime. Congratulations!!

Congrats! It is an incredible thrill that very few will ever experience.

Best of luck going forward!

You, my friend, will be punished someday, somehow. I know not when yet, but be assurred it is coming.

I have visions of laying on a table much like the Jaguar. After darting me, Toria is penning a big tattoo of a cupid heart on my chest with me and Rosie O'Donnell in each others arms. A cute portrait of Richard Simmons on my right butt cheek rounds out the procedure. :panic:

Enough Toria. Can we find a way to work this out? I am truly repentant.

I was so nervous on my first solo that it didn't hit me until after the flight. As I got in the car and started to drive home, I looked up through the sunroof and saw other airplanes in the pattern getting ready to land and thought, I just did that. All by myself. Whoa!
As weird as it is, I wasn't a bit nervous at all during the flight, which probably isn't a good thing..

calcapt said:
I guess the only way we could ever make a perfect landing is if the landings were fully automated. Computers will always be able to outdo us.

Thanks guys.

Congrats on the solo! That is exciting, now go get that license! Believe me, hearing the words "congradulations, you passed" from the FAA Examiner ranks right up there with that feeling you got while on your solo!:rawk:

I guess the only way we could ever make a perfect landing is if the landings were fully automated. Computers will always be able to outdo us.

Any comments Calcapt???

Actually I did a Cat II autoland in IAH last night in very foggy conditions. It was a 737-500 and went amazingly well but was far from perfect. Of course I stood at the door as the passengers deplaned and took credit for the landing as it was far better than most of my hand flown ones. Thanks so much Toria for your subtle but cheeky comments. :laff:

Back