The search for the perfect flying jacket.

Inverted

mmmmmm wine
I for the life of me, cannot find the right jacket. Not really wanting to do the bomber jacket thing. I am looking for a black, water proof or resistant jacket that is professional enough to wear with the corporate/commercial pilot monkey suit. Something that can breathe, not too thick but not windbreaker thin.

Something similar to this:

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog...ir-ws-jacket.html?from=subCat&variationId=KX7

But maybe without the North Face logo. Are there any companies that make flight jackets similar to styles like this with epaulettes?

I had a G-1 when I was in. I want a more form fitting, lighter jacket. Probably not leather as well. Nylon or something like that.

Call me a dork, but I like the functionality of those A-1 jackets. And you can get them in black as opposed to the green/orange.

Stop........hammer time

924b49cf4ca389d4172c6daf11a25156.jpg

I had a G-1 when I was in. I want a more form fitting, lighter jacket. Probably not leather as well. Nylon or something like that.

Interestingly enough, I find the G-1 to be very form-fitting when properly sized. Its supposed to be tight to be worn under a parachute. I prefer it over my issued A-2 bigtime.

But, not what you are lookin' for.

The website is gawd-awful, but I got my jacket when I was at Southern here:

Oxford Leather Shop

They are right across from the AF base, they are inexpensive, they have lots of options... (Plus, the jack is custom made to your exact size) when the jack shows up at your house though, make sure that you keep it in the garage for a couple of days as everyone smokes like it's a Mad Men convention in the factory.

The north face thing in my opinion would look goofy with ep's on it.

We had windbreaker style jackets at B6 up until recently... no ep's, just some embroidery. You might look for a very nice jacket, maybe one neutral windbreaker and and fleece zip up - then take it to a local shop to have it embroidered up? No ep's - but maybe wings and a name patch? (Or, get a velcro patch and make it removeable... like with the Pop's leather jackets)

I for the life of me, cannot find the right jacket. Not really wanting to do the bomber jacket thing. I am looking for a black, water proof or resistant jacket that is professional enough to wear with the corporate/commercial pilot monkey suit. Something that can breathe, not too thick but not windbreaker thin.

Something similar to this:

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog...ir-ws-jacket.html?from=subCat&variationId=KX7

But maybe without the North Face logo. Are there any companies that make flight jackets similar to styles like this with epaulettes?

This is what we run at my company except it is made by Marmot. Its perfect. If it gets cold you just put on gloves, hat and a wool sweater and your good for -20C on the ramp at Jackson Hole.

Back