The "risk mitigation" complex

I used to offer advice. Then I was snooty and controlling.

Then I tried saying nothing. Then I was snooty and mean for not helping.

An interesting game. The only winning move is not to play.

Richman

PS A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Richman

Ah, yes, the old, "why did you let me...." trap. It's one thing I've appreciated in 121 flying. With seemingly rare exceptions, I can point something out or ask a question and the response is some form of thanks for checking, whether it had already been done or not.

Richman

Same.

I have the thing where if I offer guidance borne from experience, I'm a controlling know-it-all.

If I say nothing, I'm unhelpful and smugly waiting for everyone to fail so I can say "I told you so".

Booze and middle-aged indifference is the great elixir.

I've read all three pages of this thread, but my brain derailed when I got to the post that included "taking a vacation with my wife . . . to South Dakota." That sounds too much like taking a vacation in Bethel!

I've read all three pages of this thread, but my brain derailed when I got to the post that included "taking a vacation with my wife . . . to South Dakota." That sounds too much like taking a vacation in Bethel!

The Badlands is cool.

It's not exotic, but I really enjoy being out in nature with my wife and my dog. We live in ND and I refuse to airline with my dog so we take many short vacations within driving distance to explore what nature has to offer. There's just something really cool about watching my dog get to explore things off leash in parks that allow dogs. We explored Custer State Park and by the end of the day the dog was happy and exhausted. The wife and I had a good time as well.

I lived in SoDak for awhile - it was actually pretty nice albeit insanely topographically boring. It's basically Bethel 100 years from now.

Back