The Program Where They Teach Passengers To Land

I_Money

I believe it is done through AOPA, it is an organized program where they give a mini ground school and a few lessons typically to pilot's spouses so they are familiar with flying the aircraft if the pilot becomes incapacitated.

I believe it is done through AOPA, it is an organized program where they give a mini ground school and a few lessons typically to pilot's spouses so they are familiar with flying the aircraft if the pilot becomes incapacitated.

I think it's the "Pinch Hitter" course.

My eyes are getting old, I swore I typed "Peach Hitler" at first proofread.

I'd say you'd pry my cold dead hands off the yoke, but now it's a control stick and there's only one hand necessary.

*sigh*

Well, and plus, with the C-scale we all know is going to happen sooner or later, you'd BETTER die behind the yoke, or you won't be able to pay for all those 4th wives and speedboats you don't have. Wait, what? Damn.

Still can't figure out if the OP is asking a question or if this is jeopardy.
gallery_3031_396_1369457427_12318.jpg

So... it basically qualifies them just like a regular FO then?

I believe the American Bonanza Society also runs a Pinch Hitter course.

Either one is worthwhile if you travel with your SO often. But you can probably accomplish the same on your own.

Richman

I believe the American Bonanza Society also runs a Pinch Hitter course.

Either one is worthwhile if you travel with your SO often. But you can probably accomplish the same on your own.

Richman
The 99s does a program also and I'd be surprised if most type clubs don't offer it at their bigger conventions as something to interest non-flying spouses. Some flight schools offer one as well.

Generally, it's more about the instructors than the syllabus.

Back