The 'OnLine Job Website' Debate

BoDEAN

The \'OnLine Job Website\' Debate

Seem's like there are people who praise, and people who would never pay, for sites like climbto350, jsfirm, findapilot.com, etc etc.

From the people on here, what is your opinion on these sites? Do they actually "benefit" in finding a job? Or is it still better to comb the airport, walking in every door, passing out resumes by hand?

Re: The \'OnLine Job Website\' Debate

just my opinion however I feel that these site are a waste of time, and money. I think it is better to comb the airports, and network however that is just my opinion.

I really like AviationInterviews.com. It's not where you find job postings, but when you see who's posting interview gouge you can figure on who's hiring. It was free when I registered although you might have to pay a bit to join now. The info is awesome. If you're gunning for regional employment I would say this site is invaluable.

[ QUOTE ]
just my opinion however I feel that these site are a waste of time, and money. I think it is better to comb the airports, and network however that is just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I didnt get my job through their website, but I was an AEPS member and I was interviewed on the spot for my current job while attending one of their aviation job fairs. Yeah, that was the best three hours and fifteen bucks I ever spent. It would only be a waste if you didnt have a competetive resume, but it is a good opportunity to network as you can speak directly with the pilot recruiters of the attending airlines. As far as the website itself goes, some companies will only recruit from them as it gives the person hiring the opportunity to quickly select applicants that meet their qualifications electronically without having to sort through stacks of paper resumes.

I do agree that combing the airports and networking are both excellent means of searching for a job.

Back