**The Official Green Book Thread**

Raydon

Howdy ho fellow applicants. Just wanted to make a place where "Green Book" related speculation and whatnot can be conversed!

Anyone get blown out of the water the first few times you tried the practice cd? Jeeezus..

My caffeine levels must be low.

threadbadzc3.png

raydon, you should try changing your screenname whenever someone catches on that it's you making a new thread... it might work for a few weeks ;)

.... Don't worry though, Boomer.. we can get back to the usual business after I get my test out of the way.. I'm scared ####-less and studying my ass off.

I'm saving up my pies though.. and they all have your name on em ;)

Poor Raydon!!! :tease:

How the heck have you not taken the AT SAT yet? I could've sworn you were ahead of me in this process and I haven't been on this forum in like 3 months?!

I must be losing it! :crazy:

eh whatev..

yeah was Pubnat4 for starters but I messed up my application on the first go.. so I had to sit out another round, but got picked up for Hawaii at-sat.

I'm working overtime trying to save for the trip right now.

I think this thread already needs to be moved to the lav.

dont listen to anyone Raydon...i personally am impressed at how many useless threads you can create, or duplicate. your batting a thousand on completely 100% uselss threads...amazing

CONGRATS!

I didn't really think I was old school, but maybe I am these days. Technically, the official green book is the old contract between the FAA and NATCA. It was actually green in color, hence the name. The new imposed work rules are now called the "white book."

Are you guys referring to the Green Air Traffic Control Career Prep book...that's what I'm guessing at least.

The official green book is something that you all really really hope to get back to one day, but probably won't.

As was said in the actual AT-SAT sticky thread, the green book cd is crap.

Just want to echo Jcarpentier's sentiments:

How the heck have you not taken the AT SAT yet? I could've sworn you were ahead of me in this process and I haven't been on this forum in like 3 months?!

:p

zz ;)

Howdy ho fellow applicants. Just wanted to make a place where "Green Book" related speculation and whatnot can be conversed!

Anyone get blown out of the water the first few times you tried the practice cd? Jeeezus..

The Green Book has plenty of issues. To summarize what I said in the stickied post:

1. The programs on the CD range from poor to broken, even after applying the update. You may find some use for Math, Angles, Dials and Analogies, but be aware that the answers are often unclear and occasionally incorrect. The clock also does not reset between questions, meaning that it will frequently jump ahead before you're even done reading some of them. Don't use Scan, Scenarios or Letter Factory, which are all different from the AT-SAT and don't function properly anyway. Use Jeremy Justice's site to practice the first two.

2. The questions in the book are so-so. Again, some are unclear or not put together very well (for example, an angle giving answers that are ten degrees apart -- that's too close), and at least a few instances did not include a correct answer. If you already have the book, you can use them for practice, but take them with a grain of salt.

3. The book is of limited value. I actually found the "blog" part from the guy who gave a day-to-day account of his time in the Academy more useful than the AT-SAT bit. There's also a phraseology section... and that's about it. Comparable versions of each can be found online for free, so you may want to save your money. If you're like me, and like to have as much at your disposal as possible when it comes to preparing, you may want to get it anyway.

4. Coming from the perspective of someone who's done their fair share of editing in their day, the book could use some copyediting. Just a nitpick.

Back