The NEW FRONTIER Airline

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
Louisiana Economic Development entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with New Orleans based Pontchartrain Capital (as representative of M7 Capital and the investors) that proposes a 20-year public/private partnership to ensure a superior air service product for Louisiana. The airline will guarantee the City of New Orleans 125 additional daily airline departures (over 200 projected in the second year) with no upfront investment and no net cost to the taxpayers of the State of Louisiana. Reciprocally, for each incremental destination passenger generated to the New Orleans International Airport (NOIA) , Louisiana will provide $50 in benefits to the airline (which studies confirm will create a total tax of $130 for each). Simply put, if an additional 1 million visitors fly to New Orleans on NewFrontier during the year following the agreement, the state and region would receive a projected $130 million in tax benefits yet would provide $50 million (1 million passengers times $50 benefit) to the airline. Details of the following summary of projected benefits can be found here.

----------------
The plan has been in the works since the early days of Gov. Kathleen Blanco's administration, according to Koch, who says that, as currently envisioned, the project would entail an acquisition of low-cost carrier Frontier Airlines, which would relocate from Denver to New Orleans and operate from there as a hub airline. The state, through LED, is apparently behind the concept, having signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the developers, agreeing to kick in $50 for every net new passenger the airline brings to New Orleans.
------------

Based in MSY.

http://newfrontierairlines.com/

2230332656_5b425440d8.jpg

Its no secret RAH has been trying to sell F9, didn't expect to see anything next summer though... I think they just started to turn a profit too.

That throws a wrench in the popular Eagle rumor that AMR was going to swap Eagle to Republic for Frontier.

Someone pointed this out on one of those other forums, and I ROFL'ed.

AIRPORT QUESTIONS:

11.Are there comparable sized markets to New Orleans that have been successful as hubs?

a.Yes. Memphis, Salt Lake City, Nashville, and Cincinnati.

Yep. They've definitely done their research on this one......

I don't really know anything about BNA or SLC but if you're using MEM or CVG as examples of how to build a hub you should just quit, at everything.

This would last until the first hurricane season either wipes out the fleet, or the cost of the ensuing IROP drives them bankrupt.

You're in law school and you couldn't read all of that? You should be a Congressman! I heard they pass bills all the time without even skimming them over.

I don't have time to read through the entire website BECAUSE I'm in school. The text posted says very basically nothing. There's an MOU, but no purchase or sale of Frontier, a picture of an A330 but no obvious explanation of fleet orders, etc.

So basically, is Frontier moving to MSY? Are they being sold? Who's buying them? The city of New Orleans? What's with the link to the IND terminal up above? Does that mean Frontier is retaining ownership?

I don't have time to read through the entire website BECAUSE I'm in school. The text posted says very basically nothing. There's an MOU, but no purchase or sale of Frontier, a picture of an A330 but no obvious explanation of fleet orders, etc.

So basically, is Frontier moving to MSY? Are they being sold? Who's buying them? The city of New Orleans? What's with the link to the IND terminal up above? Does that mean Frontier is retaining ownership?
I don't know but I've been on a pony before.
Pure. Adrenalin.

Your tl;dr on this one is pretty much that a group of investors is in the earliest stages of developing a plan for a hypothetical airline built around a ludicrous hub. In other news, Frontier is up for sale.

I'd expect to see the Pan Am meatball take to the skies again before these jokers.

Please Please Please let someone take Frontier off of RAH's hands.

Then finally, will FAPA realize that RAH pilots have nothing to do with them, or their business models, or their predicament. Then maybe, just maybe if they are still around, I won't get the 1000 yard stare because I have a grey badge.

Please Please Please let someone take Frontier off of RAH's hands.

Then finally, will FAPA realize that RAH pilots have nothing to do with them, or their business models, or their predicament. Then maybe, just maybe if they are still around, I won't get the 1000 yard stare because I have a grey badge.
Where do you see F9 pilots?

Back