The New Cirrus Jet

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It looks like a matchbox toy I used to have when I was seven years old.

I betchya the 19hondo can fly faster backwards than that red turd machine.

It looks like a matchbox toy I used to have when I was seven years old.

I betchya the 19hondo can fly faster backwards than that red turd machine.

Yeah, but when fools have money they can buy all the toys they want. The article said there were some 400 refundable $100,000 deposits. :eek:

Anyone else feel that if it has the capability of flying in the flight levels, there should be some type-specific training?

Maybe change the criteria for a type-rating to include turbine-engined aircraft with advanced avionics, complex systems and ability to mix it up with us?

Aw. It's ADORABLE. I just want to pinch its little cheeks.

PS. I'm not exactly a font of FAR wisdom, but I thought all turbojets required types, regardless of size.

PPS. there's not a whole lot to being a flying road block in the flight levels. I realize that you're talking about the stratosphere, but I regularly whistle and look at the ceiling innocently while guys get held down because I'm toddling along at 265 in the FL190-230 area. No type specific training necessary, just a good book! :D

PS. I'm not exactly a font of FAR wisdom, but I thought all turbojets required types, regardless of size.

You are correct sir, a type is required. But RVSM certification and training is almost a requirement to fly between FL 290 and 410, not all jets have it, but I'm pretty sure most modern jets are RVSM equipped. It would be a huge pain in the ass not to be RVSM equipped and fly at those altitiudes.

I thought Cirrus already took the Dr. Killer title, I guess they want to make sure they keep it, and add some ugly to it.

I wonder if cirrus/flight safety is looking for instructors? I'm still trying to find a side gig.

Better yet....what will the insurance requirements be on this aircraft? I could be a contract pilot as a side gig.;)

Gah... saw that monstrosity at Mud & Fun...

All Hail the return of the V-tailed Doctor Killer.

I believe that this aircraft has a service ceiling of FL250 for the sole purpose of not mixing it up with the big boys, a mistake that Eclipse 500 owners/operators are paying dearly for. The little Eclipse doesn't get to go up to its optimum operating altitude due to its climb performance and low speed. Therefore, the sales pitch flight profiles and fuel burns that were so attractive are nowhere near realistic.

The Diamond D-JET is also limited to FL250 for the same reason.

I believe that this aircraft has a service ceiling of FL250 for the sole purpose of not mixing it up with the big boys,

The Diamond D-JET is also limited to FL250 for the same reason.

FL250 is purely a certification issue. There are bunch of extra hurdles to jump over to certify a service ceiling above that altitude. Pressurization and emergency O2 come to mind, RVSM (if above FL290), and im sure there are others. A lot of airplanes just dont want to deal with that so they live with the FL250 ceiling.

Wouldnt the engine heat melt the tail? What if you loses the engine? It looks like they took that design from the German Luftwaffe. :sarcasm:

Back