The new Captain 'curse'

Nice piece of writing there! :laff::laff: Good stuff.

Seems like I get days like that at least once every couple of months. Must just be par for the course in this job. Once that day is done I sleep like someone hit me over the head with a club.

Ahhh the broken APU. Reminds me of a few years back, during the winter we spent an overnight in Sun Valley Idaho. It was uber cold that night. I had to run inside at least once during the walk around because the air hurt any exposed part of skin. The station forgot to hook up the external heat and so when we got in the plane it was as cold as a deep freeze. All of the water bottles in the galley and flight deck were frozen to the core. We tried to warm the plane by running the engines, but it just wasn't enough. Not enough "clean" blankets to keep the pax warm either. I think the plane finally warmed up about 15 min from landing in SLC. Good times.

Haha! Seggy if the RJ has a trim wheel I would fly this things hands on all day long! Stupid electric trims are just about worthless for finding the magic spot to keep it steady. Plus the FA as Dale said, walking up and down with that heavy cart :)

great writeup..absolutely had me in stitches! :) but god, don't ask me to post my cap'n horror stories from 7 years flying lears in part one dirty-five..i'd need to first make sure i have no identifiable contact information on this website. enough fun that i actually returned from earning 105k my last year to making a quarter of that now back working in primary instruction as a 'professional cfi'. you knowwwww i got a few tales..

What is an APU?

Its too bad your 1900 doesnt have one cause they're nice. (When they are working of course!) Flight attendants are nice too. Yep, too bad you don't have one of those either! :D We'll just enjoy our wimpiness. :)

(Though the Brasilia isn't all that far from a 1900.)

Back