The Name?

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Personally, I don't think so, but is the name Freight Dawgs an insult to our Fedex, UPS, Ameriflight, etc friends?

If so, let me know a more appropriate name.

Night Crawlers
smirk.gif

LOOTSK...

It seems like anything can be tamed or legitimized in the world of aviaton if you just put an "Ops" suffix on it. I think Freight Dogs is fine, but consider "Freight Dogs Ops" ... almost regal, isn't it?

Or maybe "Salty Freight Dogs" ... arrr, its drivin' me nuts.

"Freight Dog" always implies to me the guy sleeping on the couch in the FBO crew room, who shuffles over in his t-shirt and socks to get his "breakfast" from the popcorn machine, then takes off in something that vaguely resembles a Cessna 210 beneath all the scraped off paint, turning at 50' and blasting right over the noise sensitive section of the city (which I APPLAUD!)

UPS, FedEx, ABX, etc, ok they're on the "wrong" side of the airport but they at least usually have a uniform shirt with stripes
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I don't think so, but is the name Freight Dawgs an insult to our Fedex, UPS, Ameriflight, etc friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! Also a proud member of the "Order of the sleepless (k)nights".

Whoof..whoof!
grin.gif

BTW, We're all freight dawgs here...some just haul the self-loading type!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, We're all freight dawgs here...some just haul the self-loading type!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or is it Self-Loathing ...
wink.gif

I'll wager that there are even quite a few of us out there who ARENT freight dawgs, who would gladly wear that name, and wear it with PRIDE.
Anyone who frowns on "freight dawgs", doesn't really know what its all about. Its about the flying, and the love for doing it, plain and simple. Glamour is overrated anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Freight dog is not only appropriate, but a mark of pride!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, my name is NJA Capt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I was a Freight Dog.

I feel so much better now.

It was nice to go to work in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt.
400 and 1/2 = VFR

[ QUOTE ]
HI NJA_Capt!..........THATS some pretty hairy VFR!

[/ QUOTE ]
I probably should put a disclaimer on that statement, before someone thinks we were flying VFR in 400' overcasts. We weren't. Freight dogs know what I mean though. 400 and 1/2 was like getting a break. We looked forward to something that "high" for an approach.

Back