The Mighty Twin Beech

I am proud to announce a new venture that CTAB, MJG407, T-cart and I are forming. I hope JC doesn't get bitter with me for advertising on their site. Here is the program:

• We can accept 10 applicants
  • Price is $30,000 per applicant
  • For the $30k, you can ride around in the right seat of our Beech 18
  • When not flying, you can polish it (polished aluminum). GREAT way to learn the airplane and its systems.
  • You can sleep on a cot in the hanger - so lodging is included.
Thank you for your support!

Wegougeemandhow Airways

Hell, give me $50 and a pint of beer and I'll let you watch me do recurrent sim training.

Wegougeemandhow Airways,

That has a nice ring to it. I'm in too!! I'll have to dig out my old oily clothes, you know, since I just burn Jet-A now. Well, other than the Tater.:D Yeah, sign me up.

I think D.T. should get a discounted rate since he is the big cheese here where all these great minds have been united. Thanks Doug!

Wegougeemandhow Airways,

That has a nice ring to it. I'm in too!! I'll have to dig out my old oily clothes, you know, since I just burn Jet-A now. Well, other than the Tater.:D Yeah, sign me up.

I think D.T. should get a discounted rate since he is the big cheese here where all these great minds have been united. Thanks Doug!

Yeah, DT should definitely get a discount.

Thanks Doug!

Hell, If Doug helps promote us we should give him a piece of the action.

You do realize, that probably would fit down the side of a Twin Beech, don't you?

oh, and... I'm in!

It will be in really small print so it will fit CTAB...just like the fine print on our contracts with our "customers"....BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

Just started flying a Twin Beech at a local freight outfit. Feel like I've died and been sent, mistakenly, to heaven. Like many others on this site I'd always lamented the fact that I'd been "born too late." Not so. All dreams are achievable. Just the other day we were pulling the props through before our first flight of the day when a FedEx MD-11 taxied by and the pilots waved to us. Though it was probably just my imagination, I thought I noticed a hint of envy in their eyes.

My favorite Twin Beech is a C-45 at 18A (Franklin County Georgia). It inspired my user name and picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 64
What awesome writeup and photos. I am hoping to fly a friend's Beech 18 this summer and will review your tips.

I am so jealous of the round engine guys.

How many hours did you log and what year(s)?

Cruising thru the long still night using the big trim wheel as an arm rest and nothing moving but the slow, slow forward creep of the trim wheel to keep 'er level. Then a little more forward nudge as the glidslope needle centers....oh, yeah...

Had one at KDWH last year have a gear failure on the takeoff roll. I was taxiing parallel to the runway, and as he started his t/o roll he made it about 1000ft and he lost hydraulic pressure, came down on its belly and skidded to a stop right beside me. It was a bad sight to see it laying on the runway, beatiful plane painted in Navy colors. I hated to think what it was going to cost to rebuild two radials after the propstrike.

I have a pic but it is giving me an upload failure.....

No Hydraulics.
But, the engines are cheaper than a 152 engine, or at least they were. Props are a little more dear.

I've seen one land gear up , and fly the box's within a week.

Had one at KDWH last year have a gear failure on the takeoff roll. I was taxiing parallel to the runway, and as he started his t/o roll he made it about 1000ft and he lost hydraulic pressure, came down on its belly and skidded to a stop right beside me. It was a bad sight to see it laying on the runway, beatiful plane painted in Navy colors. I hated to think what it was going to cost to rebuild two radials after the propstrike.

I have a pic but it is giving me an upload failure.....

Can't think of too many things that would cause the gear to come up on the takeoff roll... Itchy??

Can't think of too many things that would cause the gear to come up on the takeoff roll... Itchy??

I know nothing about the systems on the plane, if the gear are hyd, elec, ect. But I saw it happen and I wish I could get the pic to upload. It must be too big.

I know nothing about the systems on the plane, if the gear are hyd, elec, ect. But I saw it happen and I wish I could get the pic to upload. It must be too big.

The Twin Beech is typical Beechcraft. All electric systems. Would love to see a pic if you can get it to post.

Back