The legacy airlines

Pilotwannabe1123

Hi,

My name is Jerome. I am a college student and aviation photographer. I would like to take my photography to the next level and take pictures of ground crews, cabin, cockpit, tower, and even airport services. HOW DO I DO IT. What are the ways that I get permission. I am also starting a aviation documentary on the airlines, pilots in the industry and the unions.

ALL ADVICE WOULD BE USEFUL.

Thanks

Hi,

My name is Jerome. I am a college student and aviation photographer. I would like to take my photography to the next level and take pictures of ground crews, cabin, cockpit, tower, and even airport services. HOW DO I DO IT. What are the ways that I get permission. I am also starting a aviation documentary on the airlines, pilots in the industry and the unions.

Thanks

Youre gonna have a tough time with TSA, and security issues. You can take lots of pictures of airplanes outside the SIDA area, but not many inside.

Also, lots of pilots are beginning to get into photography and taking pictures inside flight decks. A buddy of mine goes to the airport, takes a picture of our company plane taking off, looks up the flight crew, and tries to sell them their photos.

Good Luck..

Try starting with the airport manager. They might be able to help you out by getting you SIDA access. Maybe they could make you an intern or something.

Youre gonna have a tough time with TSA, and security issues. You can take lots of pictures of airplanes outside the SIDA area, but not many inside.

Also, lots of pilots are beginning to get into photography and taking pictures inside flight decks. A buddy of mine goes to the airport, takes a picture of our company plane taking off, looks up the flight crew, and tries to sell them their photos.

Good Luck..

I did something similar except I took pictures of landings and then offered to burn them for a fee or post them in the crew room for free- much brisker business!

Aviation help, PLEASE

Hi,

My name is Jerome. I am a college student and photographer who has a passion for aviation. I would like to take my photography to the next level and take pictures of ground crews, cabin, cockpit, tower, and even airport services. HOW DO I DO IT. What are the ways that I get permission. I am also starting a aviation documentary on the airlines, pilots in the industry and the unions.

Thanks

Re: Aviation help, PLEASE

The airlines thing is going to be tricky, but you definately came to the right place. I'll let someone else answer that.

As far as GA goes, go to an FBO and tell them your story, I'm sure many would love to help you out. You'd be able to take pictures all day long.

Sounds like fun!

Back