The FAA needs to seriously rethink the CTI program

so if im willing to work my ass off and im really determined what is the best way to become an air traffic controller? and will being prescribed medication for adhd disqualify you?

The FAA needs to go back to weeding people out before they even get to OKC. Then, weed even more people out at the FAA Academy.

The ATSAT is a joke because, while trying to be politically correct and "mitigate group differences," they dumbed down the test that allows people who have no business entering air traffic control to be allowed to put their put in the door. If you can't do basic math and problem solving in your head, you shouldn't even consider air traffic control. It doesn't matter what color your skin is or what your sex is, it matters whether you have the aptitude to keep airplanes separated and do it as efficiently as possible. The FAA cares more about having a diverse workplace than actually improving the NAS.

The FAA Academy needs to strenghten its ability to wash people out. There is no reason why there is a 90+% pass rate for terminal classes. Heck, half the people in my class won't even certify at their facility within their designated training hours. Go back to the basics and have "screens" all the way until you become CPC...

Have you taken the ATSAT? If so, what did you make?

Have you considered a summer internship with the FAA?

Have you spoken to a Flight Surgeon about your medication?

just gonna throw this out there because I'm not up to par on ATC Knowledge as far as employment,

if the CTI is bad, what other way is there to get an ATC Job? (This is a serious question, I have a friend in a different industry thinking about it and I want to give him a reasonable, realistic, truthful answer)

The military is the best way going forward. Off the street may still happen on an infrequent basis, but nothing like it was in the PUBNAT 1-4 days, at least not for a couple years.

Back