The end of the Beech may be near......

beechpilot

Colgan is bringing in a Saab to BHB and AUG to "show it off" this weekend. I've never actually seen one up close so it will be nice to check it out.

they have been doing that for a couple of weeks now i thought. i know one of the mechanics here was talking about it.

The above poster is still on high mins on an airplane with an autopilot and a flight attendant and talking smack. He doesn't know what it is like to fly the 19hondo around in the Northeast. Never will. Go practice your approaches on Microsoft Flight Sim.

I guess I will go out and have a good cry for myself when the old 19hundo is a mere memory of the last vestiage of true "old school" flying in the 121 environment is over.
Yeah, I fly the SAAB now and it's alright I guess. I'm learning to try and get used to the early morning aroma of the foward lav, doing walkarounds in the snow (twice today) and saying "clear on two" again.
The Beech 1900, and the pilots that have flown what can truly be called a pilot's airplane are some the finest individuals that I had the pleasure to train, fly with and share a cup of coffee on the turn in PVD, LGA, MHT, MDT, etc...
I suspect that the Beech 1900 will retire into obscurity at CJC, knowing the disdain with which it is viewed by PNCL Holdings Mgt. But for those poor bastards sitting in a cubicle staring at a computer screen as the stock market tanks. You will never break out at mins in RKD or see the sunrise over the Blue Ridge climbing out of BLF, and I feel true pity for you.

Fair winds and Good braking action to all present and former CJC Beech 1900 pilots!

I guess I will go out and have a good cry for myself when the old 19hundo is a mere memory of the last vestiage of true "old school" flying in the 121 environment is over.
Yeah, I fly the SAAB now and it's alright I guess. I'm learning to try and get used to the early morning aroma of the foward lav, doing walkarounds in the snow (twice today) and saying "clear on two" again.
The Beech 1900, and the pilots that have flown what can truly be called a pilot's airplane are some the finest individuals that I had the pleasure to train, fly with and share a cup of coffee on the turn in PVD, LGA, MHT, MDT, etc...
I suspect that the Beech 1900 will retire into obscurity at CJC, knowing the disdain with which it is viewed by PNCL Holdings Mgt. But for those poor bastards sitting in a cubicle staring at a computer screen as the stock market tanks. You will never break out at mins in RKD or see the sunrise over the Blue Ridge climbing out of BLF, and I feel true pity for you.

Fair winds and Good braking action to all present and former CJC Beech 1900 pilots!

The day the last 1900 leaves will close a chapter on the original old school Colgan.

Damn. That post about brought a tear to my eye.

It is very fitting to see Seggy and my favorite ex-rotorhead defending the beech in its final days. Two of the best damn captains and pilots I had the pleasure of flying with on the greatest piece of equipment I've been able fly.

Here! Here!

"Because I fly, I envy no man on earth."

Damn Scott, that was incredible! I've been thinking about catching a ride up to AUG sometime before the end of the month to say a proper goodbye to the Mighty Beech; now they just have to give me enough time off to make the quest to the great white north.

Damn Scott, that was incredible! I've been thinking about catching a ride up to AUG sometime before the end of the month to say a proper goodbye to the Mighty Beech; now they just have to give me enough time off to make the quest to the great white north.

Stop on in man! Just be prepared for January weather. It's freakin cold!!!!!

Side note: Got the tour of the Saab today and I know it's not a Beech but I was impressed.

Stop on in man! Just be prepared for January weather. It's freakin cold!!!!!

I know, I'm a little afraid of that...Buffalo twice a week is more than enough cold for me after last winter!! I'll certainly let you know if I'm able to make the trip, I think I still have your number somewhere...

beechpilot said:
Side note: Got the tour of the Saab today and I know it's not a Beech but I was impressed.

That'll pass. :)

I know, I'm a little afraid of that...Buffalo twice a week is more than enough cold for me after last winter!! I'll certainly let you know if I'm able to make the trip, I think I still have your number somewhere...

Typical northeast weather....last week it was 60 degrees, this week it was 20 degrees with a wind chill of about 10. Next week it'll probably be 60 again.

I flew the 1900 for Colgan from 2002 till 2004. I miss not seeing it around as much as I used to. The day the 1900 leaves Colgan will be the end of "your father's" Colgan as I heard someone call it the other day. Since I'm from Manassas the changes at Colgan are kind of sad to me. Heard that HQ is moving to MEM and now the 1900 is going to be gone for real...compared to gone by the end of the year which was always the joke when I was there. I do miss flying the 1900 and tell my FOs that now...They can't fathom that the 1900 was more fun to fly and a better performing airplane than the EMB 145. Also it was fun flying 12 leg days in crap wx in a C model where my attitude indicator on the right side was still air driven. Who really needs autopilots, or flight directors, or flight attendants or really anything from decades past the 1950's?

I flew the 1900 for Colgan from 2002 till 2004. I miss not seeing it around as much as I used to. The day the 1900 leaves Colgan will be the end of "your father's" Colgan as I heard someone call it the other day. Since I'm from Manassas the changes at Colgan are kind of sad to me. Heard that HQ is moving to MEM and now the 1900 is going to be gone for real...compared to gone by the end of the year which was always the joke when I was there. I do miss flying the 1900 and tell my FOs that now...They can't fathom that the 1900 was more fun to fly and a better performing airplane than the EMB 145. Also it was fun flying 12 leg days in crap wx in a C model where my attitude indicator on the right side was still air driven. Who really needs autopilots, or flight directors, or flight attendants or really anything from decades past the 1950's?

:yeahthat:

Thanks for the post.

Back