The Damn FAA!

Skinnah

After two months of waiting I finally recieve my Private Pilot Certificate in the mail only to find that they added an extra letter to my last name.......

Anyone know what I need to do?
Can I fly with this or should I hold on to my temporary?

thanks

EatSleepFly

I'd say you should be fine flying with that. You probably should still get in touch with the feds to get it straightened out though.

Lee D

In the front couple of pages of most FAR AIM books you can find phone #'s for the FAA. There is a number, I don't have it off hand, for certificate questions and problems. It will connect you with the FAA Oklahoma City office. I would give them a call.

ready2fly

[ QUOTE ]
After two months of waiting I finally recieve my Private Pilot Certificate in the mail only to find that they added an extra letter to my last name.......

[/ QUOTE ]
Was it an "e"?? If so... we now know where Dan Quale works.

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
Was it an "e"?? If so... we now know where Dan Quale works.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry, I can't resist ...

QUAYLE

</7500>

FL270

Skinnah

Well, I got everything straightened out and it was the easiest thing ever... All I did was write an email to the Airmen Cert. Branch asking them what I needed to do. A lady wrote back to me today and asked for my Cert# and date of birth. I sent here an email right back with the info and 10 minutes later she said that she had updated my records and a new Cert# was on its way. Gotta love the WWW....happy holidays

av8rmsu

That's not too bad....

When I finally received my certificate....the USPS decided to "eat" it with a sorting machine. It was even in a different envelope. I had to pay the $2 for a new certificate.

It's like getting a new bike....and then getting a flat tire.