The Best Week End Of My Life

CK

As some of you know I live on an airport with about 10 other pilots. Well on Tues. last week the day be4 school started I went down and asked my nieghbor if he wanted to go flying. He said sure and we went up and did 2 hours worth of landings and take offs in his Cessna 170. Then he asked me if I wanted to go to a flyin with him on Sat. I was as happy as I've ever been. Then on Fri. he calls me up and says he wants to work some more on my tail wheel time so we went out for 1 hour doing landings. Then Sat we went to the airshow and had a great time. Now this is where it gets good. I get home and there's a message. Another nieghbor wants me to fly with him in his beautiful Cessna T210R. I can't explain how happy I was. We went and got some lunch over at GED, then flew for 3 1/2 more hours.
laugh.gif
I was already thinking this is the best weekend ever. Then I go to the airport for dinner and my dad out training in a guys Bell 407 that he doesn't fly much and my dad exercises. I call him on the FBO radio and say Hi and he asked me to go out flying with him
laugh.gif
. I did another hour with him in the Helicopter and I was just in heaven. Over all I flew about 8 hours this week. Man I love flying an I love my life.

P.S. I don't mean to brag or any thing I just had to share this amazing story.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You log all that time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they were all instuctors.

I wonder what a regional would say about having 300 hours of dual time logged before you've passed your private pilot checkride...

I breifly looked at the title on the front page and all I registered was 'End of My Life' I was like geez!!!

I am sure there are many up and coming pilots who have parents who fly and themselves have logged significant time before they can solo.

Don't think they'll care ...

By the time you reach the regionals (and certainly the majors) 300 hours really isn't a lot of time.
smile.gif

I plan on flying corporate. What I really want to do is own my own 135 outfit, but until I have the money for it I'll need to do some thing else.

[ QUOTE ]
I plan on flying corporate. What I really want to do is own my own 135 outfit, but until I have the money for it I'll need to do some thing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like get through high school?

I would change the title to:

The Best Week End Of My Life, So far.

Because if you play your cards right you will have even more fun as you get older.

[ QUOTE ]

Because if you play your cards right you will have even more fun as you get older.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like if he can get out to Vegas in November!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like get through high school?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Chicaga you're just worried because it looks like you might have some competition.
tongue.gif

Competition? Ha, I hardly think he has anything to worry about. Citationkid may have 300 hours of dual recieved in jets, but he hasn't taken a single written exam, soloed, or taken any checkrides yet. He's got a long road ahead of him.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Competition? Ha, I hardly think he has anything to worry about. Citationkid may have 300 hours of dual recieved in jets, but he hasn't taken a single written exam, soloed, or taken any checkrides yet. He's got a long road ahead of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd trade 300 hours of my single time, for his 300 hours of Citation time in a heart beat!

My point was, he's got a lot of pre-requisites to meet before he can go taking any jobs.

And for what its worth- I'd keep 300 hrs. of my dual given any day over having 300 hrs. of "sitting on mommy's lap" in a Citation (no offense, Citationkid). You'd be a fool not to do the same.

So you mean those 600 hours I logged with Noble Airlines, a virtual airline, don't count either? BLAST!

[ QUOTE ]
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've soloed a Glider. I'm getting ready to take my written for my private to. From what I've heard you can solo in Canada at 14, in powered, so my dad wants to go up there on vacation next year and I'll just do some flying and solo, hopefully at 15.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like if he can get out to Vegas in November!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he makes it to Vegas I am paying for the Hooker.

[ QUOTE ]
From what I've heard you can solo in Canada at 14, in powered, so my dad wants to go up there on vacation next year

[/ QUOTE ]

Tour Toronto!!!!! (a message from government of Canada)

Back