The Battle in MSP Begins.....(SWA .vs DeltaWest)

If DeltaWest wasn't a bit worried they would have left their fares alone.

That's called business. If I bought a 737 tomorrow and started flying eight times a day out of MSP with Jtrain as my FO for $20/seat, they'd adjust accordingly to take pax away from me. That's the way things go...

JEP, I'm willing to bet most people don't even THINK which terminal the flight is going out of when they click on Orbitz for the cheapest "fair." I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it, and I almost LIVE out of the Lindbergh terminal sometimes.

I know people are all about the low fares, but that was one of Sun Country's biggest pulls is the Humphrey terminal.

But to your point, if they were out of Lindbergh you are right.... They are concerned about the $$$ for the most part. If I recall NWA owns damn near all of the gates at the Lindbergh and I don't see them letting SWA in. That;s alright though as the MAC would love someone to fill in the empty gates across the field.

That's called business. If I bought a 737 tomorrow and started flying eight times a day out of MSP with Jtrain as my FO for $20/seat, they'd adjust accordingly to take pax away from me. That's the way things go...

And you'd be crushed in no time.....I know it's just an example, but that won't happen as easily here. That's just called business. ;)

And you'd be crushed in no time.....I know it's just an example, but that won't happen as easily here. That's just called business. ;)

You underestimate me and the 'Train... we'd railroad over every airline in the universe with our super-duper-ultimate 73', and nobody could stop us... nobody!!!

Just went to SWA.com and it's $149 with taxes to MDW from MSP. The service doesn't start until March of 2009 though.

I'm trying to convince my roomate to fly out to Chiacgo at 8:30 PM, hit up the bars and catch the first flight home at 7am Sunday morning :) ...all under $250

See, I can't say that. Every time me and the Train fly together, we almost die.

Okay, "major harm" was just the first thing that came to mind...

As has been pointed out on this and other threads, SWA starts with a low-ball price, but will raise it over time.

Do you actually think that eight flights a day for connecting flights will push Northwest/Delta out of MSP??? Remember, that $69 fare to MDW is sans fees and taxes... and only to MDW (and don't forget that not every seat is that cheap). Wanna go somewhere else? Well, it'll cost you more money. SWA connects to more than 50 cities from MDW... how many cities does NWA fly to non-stop from MSP?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a free-market/consumer's choice kinda guy, but gimme a break, this is hardly doom and gloom for NWA.

Yes, I guess I have a dog in this fight, but I don't see SWA being a threat in MSP.

I'll see your free market and raise you a "Hope we can believe in."

Sam Adams Cream Stout is the closest thing I've ever found to Bell's Kalamazoo Stout.

Well then, I may have to reevaluate my business model. :)

IT'S NOT ME! IT'S THAT STUPID...GUY!

No crap we don't even need to be in the same plane, just the same pattern. I've got a lot of stories about flying with that guy.

Back