The barbarians have come knocking at the gates for SWA

And all things considered, I think Atlas has been improving. There will be some growing pains with the Amazon contract going away, but I think not having to answer to a bunch of shareholders has been helpful, plus getting rid of some awful management.

🤞
I dislike private equity because they really do tend to ruin everything they touch, but SCY appears to be an example of a private equity success story and I surely hope Atlas is one too.

This Elliott company has an odd portfolio. They own Barnes & Noble, Cabelas, Softbank (lol), and famously called for the ouster of Jack Dorsey at Twitter (they got out when Muskman made his offer). They seem to be a one-trick act of huffing and puffing until there's some austerity and maybe a noble is goosed-out of their position.
Here is an article with some insight into how Elliott works. You’re right about them having pretty much a set script.

It is still early but for now it looks like the Board and the execs are going to circle the wagons and resist these guys. But Elliott is getting other investors to join their cause.

1718309564337.png

Is it true that they are considering implementing assigned seating?
They are supposed to be announcing big changes and new revenue streams at investor day in September. At least that’s what current management had been saying since the q1 earnings call. They were really cagey when pressed on what that means exactly.

Is it true that they are considering implementing assigned seating?

They are supposed to be announcing big changes and new revenue streams at investor day in September. At least that’s what current management had been saying since the q1 earnings call. They were really cagey when pressed on what that means exactly.
That an seat back screens would be awesome. Maybe even first class. Or at least the big front seat option like Spirit has. They're no longer a ULCC like their origin days. Stop acting like it.

Bring back SWA’s classic Lounge seating! With the rear facing seats in the first, last, and overwing rows. Like the old days!

Those were the best on the happy hour flights from HOU to DAL. You made all kinds of new friends on club seating.

“Would you like another rum and coke?”
“No, I’ll have two…er…four. We’ll have four.”

Bring back SWA’s classic Lounge seating! With the rear facing seats in the first, last, and overwing rows. Like the old days!
I still regret not sitting in the Club section the ONE time I rode on a WN -500.

The first time I ever flew was in that row on Southwest. I feel bad for the awkward businessman who had to sit there while I acted like an excited 6 year old.

The first time I ever flew was in that row on Southwest. I feel bad for the awkward businessman who had to sit there while I acted like an excited 6 year old.
It was an era when that businessman had two free drink coupons and he probably DGAF.

It was an era when that businessman had two free drink coupons and he probably DGAF.

Only time I ever flew on SWA with two free drink coupons was on a deadhead (which was a weird situation since I wouldn't be operating for like 24 hrs). I think I either ate them, or handed them to the person next to me. Oh well

Back